Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
jan den hollander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2015 15:54 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah ...consumer grade software indeed.

SO limited in every way.

Not able to convert to pro res or anything like it.

Good luck with that..
Not Me! [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Oz Down Under Joined: Sep 01, 2014 01:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, there needs to be much better audio volume control in the "Edit" mode as well as in the "Output/Produce" mode. I find it quite hard to adjust the audio levels in the time line using the mouse, as when one clicks on the highlighted audio level bar placing a audio level point to drag to the desired level, it usually jumps to some different level when releasing the mouse button!! Extremely frustrating indeed! Why cant CL have a numerical adjustment such as Corel has, as well as the level bar??? It would then be easy to to set a specific audio level throughout any given clip. It would make it so much easier and and less time consuming! JT That's Me!
Not Me! [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: "Alessandro de Sica"
2 "timeline marker stops at the end of last clip and doesn't jump back to start position"
Yes, an excellent idea, as is most annoying when it suddenly flies back to the start, when one is trying to adjust something at or near the end!! A tip I use in this case is to place a small piece of clip a little past the end of the project, leaving enough gap so one can stop the play past the end of project!! (Remember to delete the small piece of clip when finished!!)
Quote:
3 "PiPs and titles should be alterable (e.g. "Breaking News" title scrolling text looping and title not fading out)"

Yes, really quite stupid as the text is scrolling the wrong way!!?? (I'm not Chinese and read left to right not right to left!!)
I could find no way to reverse the scrolling! Hm!! JT That's Me!
Not Me! [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: "Alessandro de Sica"
2 "timeline marker stops at the end of last clip and doesn't jump back to start position"
Yes, an excellent idea, as is most annoying when it suddenly flies back to the start, when one is trying to adjust something at or near the end!! A tip I use in this case is to place a small piece of clip a little past the end of the project, leaving enough gap so one can stop the play past the end of project!! (Remember to delete the small piece of clip when finished!!)
Quote:
3 "PiPs and titles should be alterable (e.g. "Breaking News" title scrolling text looping and title not fading out)"

Yes, really quite stupid as the text is scrolling the wrong way!!?? (I'm not Chinese and read left to right not right to left!!)
I could find no way to reverse the scrolling! Hm!! JT That's Me!
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, there needs to be much better audio volume control in the "Edit" mode as well as in the "Output/Produce" mode. I find it quite hard to adjust the audio levels in the time line using the mouse, as when one clicks on the highlighted audio level bar placing a audio level point to drag to the desired level, it usually jumps to some different level when releasing the mouse button!! Extremely frustrating indeed! Why cant CL have a numerical adjustment such as Corel has, as well as the level bar??? It would then be easy to to set a specific audio level throughout any given clip. It would make it so much easier and and less time consuming!

I SECOND THAT!!! The clip volume control is a total mess. The volume dots jump all over the place when you try to adjust the volume in the timeline with the mouse.
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to be able to scroll through the editing window with my mouse scroll wheel.

For example, When I'm editing a tall text box with the Scroll Up effect (to create credits). I can't scroll unless I click&drag the scroll bar. Also the ability for the window to auto scroll when using the arrow keys disappeared.

Thank you CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
A Professional version with:

Custom Masking

Professional Titles

Ability to Produce an Alpha channel file Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

kezug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2015 22:25 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
My suggestions:
-Ability to select clips..as long as they are back to back, and apply a transition of choice to those selected clips...then with option to drop it cross/fade/between.
-Ability to fade in/out without having to go into the PIP modify...this is just too slow for what seems to be a common transition
-Have 1 select/transition that fades in/out with audio doing the same..rather than having to deal with 2

I have only been using PD14 for about 1.5 weeks. Never have I done anything else other than some small projects in Windows Movie Maker.
I did a whole wedding for about 1.5 hours of final run-time using PD14. I had various standard transitions, several tracks with 2ndary audio track overlayed.

I have to say, I really like PD14 and this forum for help when needed.

Doug
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
"-Have 1 select/transition that fades in/out with audio doing "the same..rather than having to deal with 2"

YEP, YEP, YEP!!!
kezug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2015 22:25 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I would like an event dialogue text box that tells me what actions I last took...with ability to select from last action backwards on what can be undone. I think this is called something else and is popular in photo editing software, but same concept would be nice here...although this is possibly something that would be considered for the professional top tiered software version. Doug
Not Me! [Avatar]
[Post New]
Further to my suggestions for PD 15.
When it comes to burning projects to disc there is simply not enough options when one is burning to a DVD disc, in either DVD (Mp2) or AVCHD (MPEG4) (The other two options not mentioned here are simply no better if one did want to use them!!)
Lets see, DVD mp2 you have HQ best quality---which turns out to be very poor quality when burnt to a DVD disc, the other option is "Smart Fit" which is not at all smart---unless ruining the quality is "SMART".

AVCHD best option is HD 1280x720 at 50p/60p (PAL or NTSC)
Since when would one want to reduce the resolution from 1920x1080 back to HD 1280 x 720 when the original video clip is HD 1920x1080??
Yes--- one can produce to a file and save to the HDD at 1920x1080 and customize the frame rate, (50/60 fps if so desired) and bit rate and audio quality---- and one can load that same file back into PD and try and output it to a DVD disc----and what happens--- there is no option available to match your best quality video file, to burn to disc!!?? (Simply absurd!!!!)

The point I'm making here is, it is high time for CL to offer full customization of burn to discs options---DVD discs--- so one can match the video file quality when burning it to a DVD disc, surely, only commonsense!!

Also, there is no way one can know what the quality settings are, or will be, such as bit rate and also frame rate in some cases when selecting a disc burning option!! One has to actually burn a disc to find out what the video file properties are!! (Absurd again)

In the produce section one can check what the project properties are----and customize them if necessary--- why not in the disc burning section---may I ask!!

In my opinion, The final production quality of a video file or disc, is the uttermost important objective of creating a video. As, if the end result finishes up in the rubbish bin--- which it does at times--- then what is the point of spending the time creating it in the first place!!

Summing up!! PLEASE ADD CUSTOMIZATION OF PROJECT SETTINGS IN THE DISC BURNING SECTION!!
This would also include the ability to know what the project settings are---Right??

In the end---Power Director 15 should be very good???

By the way, I have used other video editing software such as Corel's Pro x8 and earlier versions versus Power director 14 and 13 and earlier and it is really a bit of a tossup!!
But I am a bit of a Cyberlink fan and would like to see them out do Corel!!! JT That's Me!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
"AVCHD best option is HD 1280x720 at 50p/60p (PAL or NTSC)
Since when would one want to reduce the resolution from 1920x1080 back to HD 1280 x 720 when the original video clip is HD 1920x1080??"

I found the ACV-HD DVD to also have a full HD 60P option, you may have missed that one.
As for the standard DVD quality you are not the first to bring that up, I find the quality to be acceptable, considering it's not HD. But, again, it's been pounded on for years, so maybe I am missing something. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
KSBeebe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2014 03:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'd like to be able to scroll through the editing window with my mouse scroll wheel.

For example, When I'm editing a tall text box with the Scroll Up effect (to create credits). I can't scroll unless I click&drag the scroll bar. Also the ability for the window to auto scroll when using the arrow keys disappeared.

Thank you

I second this one! Most windows programs allow you to just hover the mouse cursor over a scrollable list and use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down...no clicking or dragging required. This is especially irritaing for me when I want to browse through all my title options for something new to try.

Kevin Kevin
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Apart from the desire that PD15(or any PD product) should come in a boxed container with installation disc and "owners manual, one item would be useful, two, maybe three title tracks! A third-party video edit programme I have features a second title track that can be called up as and whenn needed and I've used it to amazing effect. It would be very useful in creading interesting "closing credit" sequences where one set of titles comes in over the top of another, or appears to push out the previous set. Another use is, a music track credit in one part of the screen and a location identification in another, both appearing almost simultaneously(but could be offset by anything from a frame up to any number of seconds). That would be a very useful tool.

See ya!

Neil.
Igor-KIO [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Russia Joined: Mar 19, 2012 10:02 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
1. In the PD15 would like to see support for Russian language.
2. Provide the ability to use plug-in iZotope Ozone.
3. Automatic alignment of the volume of all clips on the timeline and in the creation of DVD and BD.
4. Make a comfortable grip with a TV tuner card, memorize the channels.
5. Make it possible to view video from the Internet - services and downloading to a PC for use in the project.
Gordon34 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2011 18:29 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see the feature where PD can search for missing files automatically by filename rather than the browse option which can be very time consuming.

Recently I dug out a project file which I started many years ago on PD9 on an old laptop. I had all the files on the new laptop but in different directories (but same filenames). Having to individually search for each item was frustrating!

An auto search would cut them time dramatically.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I now make it a habit to export all my projects as a Packed Project to avoid such things. I know, too late for you now, but are you aware of that function? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Gordon34 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2011 18:29 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I now make it a habit to export all my projects as a Packed Project to avoid such things. I know, too late for you now, but are you aware of that function?

Yes I have been doing things that way for years now, the old file was before I did that!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff,

Re: your desire for "better audio volume control", I've found a way around that in PD8 and hope to apply the same, or similar practice in PD14. Using the native audio with the video in the "master" timeline(not any PiP tracks) as an example, and assuming, for the moment it's a finished edit, for which you want to boost the volume before adding it to some other clips, open your audio mixing room, highlight your clip(not entirely necessary but useful anyway), put the "scrubber" at the beginning of the clip, and in the box above the slider, type in the value you want for the audio level(say, 75 for example). That trick will work for all PiP track audio as well as the music and other audio-only tracks.

If you're adding narration and don't want the native audio to drown you out(or any music you may have added, for that matter), at each position where your narration sits, at a point just before the narration starts, click on the video's audio track, a little dot will appear. Step the video forward a few frames and type in a new audio value in the box above the "master" audio slider(suggest, say 10 or 15), you'll see the audio line has dipped at that point, a sharp drop to your chosen level. At the end of that narration, click on the master audio track again, step forward a few frames, then type in your original volume level, you'll see the line on the audio track has jumped back up to that point. Repeat the process as often as necessary for each point where you've inserted narration, and use the same procedure on the audio track on which you've placed any music, if you want your narration heard above it.

Hope the above was useful to you, Jeff.

Cheers!

Neil.
chaostheorem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 09:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Screen Recorder. Good, efficient, first effort, may also suggest:

1. More frame rate recording options, 24 (or even 23.976), and 60 (or 59.94) to accommodate those sources without inducing judder.

2. Ability to capture 5.1 (or greater)-channel sound from content so encoded.

3. Variable audio recording bitrates > 128kbps currently provided.

4. Timed recording, for unattended screen-recording and auto-stop after a predetermined length.

Otherwise, it's quite a worthy addition to PD14 tools.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry The Crab asked: "Since when would one want to reduce the resolution from 1920x1080 back to HD 1280 x 720 when the original video clip is HD 1920x1080??"

Quite simple really, Barry!

If all you have is a DVD rewrite drive, you have to taylor your videos to suit that medium if they're going to be played on domestic DVD players.

Blu-Ray, for all its extra capacity and image quality, is still at a price outside some people's limits, and still has some limitations, so it's a matter of "making do with what you've got"!

Cheers!

Neil.