CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu audio timing
Reply to this topic
Bob [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Jun 12, 2008 21:50 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
I've got a funny feeling I just may have to produce what I think is best.
Then burn a copy.
Throw it in the DVD player and see what it does/doesn't.
Then make notes and go back and see what I can correct.

For me, PP5 keeps loading that weddng song in the background...it's drinving me nuts!!!

In preview mode...What is the the MAN symbol?
"Motion Preview" - After it does it's build, I don't see any difference from the regular preview??? Oh well.

Again, many thanks for your help!
I'll mess around with this tomorrow night.
It's 2:00am where I am, and I'm getting up for work in 4 hrs.

It's gonna be a long day!

Thanks again
Bob [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Jun 12, 2008 21:50 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
McLean,
Just as I thought. So I threw in some chapters and tried to preview how the chapters would work. I didn't see them?...or I completely missed it while in PP5 preview mode.

So I burnt a disc and voila The chapters were there when I played the disc in my sony DVD player.

Things are looking better.
I need to mess around with other templates though.
I don't like how the first movie starts on it's own after the template time frame has run out (Hope that makes sense?)

Dafydd gave this address for templates:
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/
I'm planning to check them out.

I'm seeing some other post from folks who are having errors while burning long videos....I hope I don't see these issues...I've have had enough stress with this software for now.

BD
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
The setting that has the video starting on its own is after you choose to create disc.

At the bottom next to the text 'create a disc without a menu' there is a tool box. If you click on that you will get a pop up that says Create Disc Preferences. If you go to menu There is something that says
Auto menu Time Out. Un check that and it won't automatically start.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2008 23:57

Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the info on the "Auto menu timeout", I see that!
What an odd place to have it! That should be in main...so you can see it in preview mode.

McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The thing that I have learned over time is that the people that write the programs don't always use them as much as we do and therefore, what seems logical to them doesn't always seem logical to us.

Glad to help.
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
They should hire some buggers....
Computer nuts who look for problems.

Do you know where Cyberlink is based?
I'm getting the feeling I'm distant from everyone.

This website & especially the forums, are the only thing that takes forever to load on my computer!

I usually have to hit REFRESH a few times to get the site to load.
And I have an awesome internet connection.
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't even think computer nuts would work. Each one of us has different things we want out of this software. When I am really working with it I might use it 5 to 6 hours a night. Then depending upon what you are trying to do with it, its hard to come up with all of the scenarios. The thing that I do find (although I'm just starting to really try the forum) I find that they are very hands on with their service, or at least try to be. That, in itself, is impressive. There are a lot of companies out there that don't have the service ethic.

I am not sure, I think the original base is in Taiwan, but they operate out of US, Europe and Japan. I don't have issues with the pages loading, unless I try to attach a doc, then I am never able to do it.
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
In meantime I'll burn some disks, and make notes of what I like and what I don't.
I would like to see the templates get better.

I originally had PP3.7 and it had some nice templates.
From what I can remember there was this one template that had this picture in picture thing. It was like having 3 mini TV's all showing, and running at the same time, short bits of what that clip refered to.
A nice little PIP option. Very cool.

I'm sure the cyberlink ppl are great, but I've gotten way more help from you. And it is pretty scarey to look down the forum reply list and see all those 1's and 0's. Not much help for those folks.

In the few disks I've burnt.
I've yet to see the thumbnail work
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmmm I think that PIP that you are talking about is just a moving thumbnail. Which means that if you go into the tools (at the top) of the Power Producer screen the pop up box will show you three tabs. The first tab, called project. If you look down you will see Menu Settings, you should see Enable Video Thumbnail. If you enable that then in your menu the thumbnails that you have on you background will move. If you look further it will allow you to choose up to 99secs of movement.

Is that what you mean?
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's it
Dead on. I had it enabled before but didn't see what was I expecting.
And that was because this moving thumbnail only works on sme templates.

Learning lots here......learning lots
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep I learned by trial and error, actually and I still don't know as much as I should. Manuals and I aren't friendly. BUT I have used power producer and power director for a long time and progressed in what I have done with them.

These new versions however are a challenge, since I just bought a new computer with vista so I'm not not sure if its vista, new computer or new versions of PP and PD when I have issues. :? Thank goodness I have another computer and older versions just in case.
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
VISTA scares me.
I'll stick to XP for now...

In the PP5 or PD6.5, is there anything makes DVD booklets?
Or what do you recomend?

BD
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bob, Cyberlink has a Label Making software (if you have the suite it might be in there) confess though I have never used it. Up until just recently I have used Nero (and still do to an extent, for labels and inserts) THEN I have started using SureThing because I bought an HP printer that prints directly on the disc and the software that HP gave me printed off centre, the SureThing has been great. It also does inserts and it will allow you to manipulate how the picture goes on the label (whereas, if I remember correctly when I tried it, the cyberlink product wouldn't. It is not the only one that won't allow you to move it about either)

Hope this helps.
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found it, thanks.
I was going through Cyberlink stuff only
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I posted this in the PowerDirector 6 and up also, since the background that I adjusted I have for both programs.

Well this is an update on the audio issue. I finally had a chance to research this.

I tested this in PP5 but I have the same template in PD7 so I would assume it would happen the same way.

In looking at the folder that contains the background that I wanted to use I noted that there is a still picture (white xmas) and there are videos (for the snow falling etc) The videos are 15 seconds long. When I put an audio track behind the background, it will only run as long as the video runs. (15 seconds) I copied the background folder out and put it on my desktop before I tested my theory.

In PD I made a line of the one video with fades in between. My song was 6 minutes long and I ran the video for about 7 minutes. I produced the video (mpg) and then converted to wmv (which is what the files are in the folder) there are four of them with different names. I just renamed the same file (to suit the name that I saw in the folder) and copied it in. This still only gave me 1:39 but it was enough for what I needed.

I have not tested to see if I made the video longer whether I would get longer audio (it is totally possible that I could have run a video for 2 minutes and still gotten 1:39 of audio, I didn't test this either), or whether that's my limit. In addition, you need to be aware of the fact that this video background still adds volume to your DVD.

Hope this helps some of you. I realize that this is a work-around solution and it would be great if Cyberlink didn't have the background audio linked to the background video (but at the present it is) so it helped me complete what I was doing, while I wait for the hurdle to be taken away.
Reply to this topic