Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POWER DIRECTOR 10 - What Would Make You Buy It?
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
I also think having animated mask paths and shapes would be vary helpfull and have alot of possibilities.
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to see more stylish and adjustable EFFECTS and TRANSITIONS. There is too much bias on people wanting garish kids party kind of things and not enough on the hobbyist who wants to aim a little higher in terms of style.

The rest I can live with and enjoy using the product for its price. AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... after looking at all those suggestions.....

You guys must be dreaming..... too bad all of that won't happen. It would be nice if they could get the one they got now to run before they dumped it for another new non stable, have to be fixed/patched version. Not to mention the things that work fine now and won't when V10 comes out.

But all software companies do that now days. Not like the old days. It's called volume sales. Put it out whether it works or not.... mostly not, but that's OK we will patch the crap out of it till something happens.

And that's from someone that has no problems with 2930 since it hit the street. But I do very little HD video and absolutely no desire to do 3D.... ever...

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
Bubba
I would agree with you, part of the way... A lot of the video software available have their Aquiles heel. I have been editing video for a long time, first in Pinnacle 7 (I think), then Avid Sudio and finally PD9, and even started to use Adobe Premiere, all have faults..

That said, I would tell you that PD9 has a semi-stable platform, and that is saying a lot!

What it needs is more flexibility in the slideshows (right now they allow for very little self expression) and they should also try to include softwares from other places i.e Vitascene, Adorage, etc from proDad.

Saludos

Computer: HPm3530
Processor: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core, 2.2GHz
Memory(RAM): 8 GB
System: 64-bit
Video: nVidia GeForce 9300 GE
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, and this (having inserted transitions not affecting the subsequent timeline):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/18659.page#96657 AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
What I'd like is that in the Menu Designer module Chapter/Titles to be able to add individual Pip object for chapter selection. Using individual object for each chapter rather than the same graphic for all chatpers
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Edelberto You aren't the only one who has been using video software a long time. Why should consumers have to tolerate an Aquiles heel? 40 years ago software did exactly what they claimed it would do. Even though it did not do a lot. But it did for 1960's 70's software. Even imputing data using punch cards or tapes like I used to do. Or even by hand..... typing your own code from a software book. Saving it to a cassette drive. But that software did everything it said it would do. On any compatable computer you put it on. As in a Unix system .....

I have been using PD since version 3 and have been a beta tester since 7..... I did Pinnical, AVS video editor ( which I still keep current), and trial versions of a lot of others.... I have always liked PD, but............. I have NOT always liked the way they seem to be ambivalent concerning issues that are reported to them on every version. It is like they never actually use the software themselves, which would not surprise me if they didn't. Especially the code writers. They just get told to do this, include that from a pre determined list and never mind that it causes several other functions to no longer work.

Like so many others here, I have been here a while..... but I am still dismayed at what I see never happens with PD. I am not a HD power user, all I do is make slide show projects for anyone that wants one done, at no charge for doing it. I use whatever it is that they drag through the door (pics on media/pics on paper, and in video whatever format) and always have one or two projects going on and in May and June around 10 projects going on at the same time.

AVS Video Editor, they went several years before they ever had a new version or any updates. But when they finally did it was completely different. (loos a lot like PD by the way) But they never made the things we use the most any better. Like improving their title usage and transitions. Something PD has had all the time. Something that Pinnical 10 still cannot do as good as any version of PD. There is better software than PD ever thought about being for commercial use in studios.

I would like to see a PD with different modules you can pay for and integrate into it. Such as Blue Ray as a separate module, HD as a separate module, 3D, too. If you have a use for it, pay 30 bucks for it and add it. If you do not need it, then you do not install it and all that extra coding does not make everything lock up.

The 30 day time limit to get your video format's activated is a total consumer rip off. What happens when you need to reformat your hard drive, replace your primary hard drive or motherboard???? If they would advertised that on their page of "how great we are and here is what we say we can do never mine we that can't actually do all that" I would think that less people wold even try the trial much less buy it. They should advertise to get the trial version first before purchasing..... but.... they don't.

That's where the volume sales thing comes in. Never mind that your computer cannot run it. It's the same old circle of software life....

As usual my suggestion for the "next" version is to FIX the current version first......

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
Bubba,
We could argue about software til we are blue in the face and get nowhere. The software from the 60's (punch cards, of course) and the 70's worked well. But remember there were only a handful of computer brands, motherboards, etc, etc. When I got my Leading Edge computer in the 70's I thought it was heaven.. and it was, for the 70's. I wrote a couple of BASIC programs and played games (I still remember the "Leather Godesses of Phobos", no graphics, just keyboard comands). At work I used HP terminals that were great after the deckwriters. But then that was a long time ago.

Yes I wish software manufacturers and designers would come up with programs that are perfect, but when that happens we would have Windows 17 or so and it's back to the drawing board.

I could be happier with my software now, but I'll live with it (although frustrated at times).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2011 17:04

Saludos

Computer: HPm3530
Processor: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core, 2.2GHz
Memory(RAM): 8 GB
System: 64-bit
Video: nVidia GeForce 9300 GE
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Just finished my first project in PD. The apotheose was to create a DVD menu to access about the 15 clips. Having worked with Nero Envision till today, there is some room for improvement in PD on this area.
1. More buttons on the chapter page (now limited to 6 ?)
2. more control of the way the buttons are displayed...
3. Maybe it's me and my lack of expertise in PD, but why is there only 1 level in the menu of the DVD ?

Apart from that, like many already wrote in here : a better integration of all available modules will surely help many people.

But all in all, my first experience with PD was very satisfying.
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
A price tag of $99 U.S. with a mail-in rebate for $99 U.S.

WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a feature request I don't think is on this thread yet:

--Markers. With a keyboard short cut plus an icon above the time-line, the ability to drop marker on the time line wherever you want, as often as you want.

Markers can be very handy - In the previous video software I used, I was very dependent on markers for helping me keep track of key areas in a project. I'd zoom out to locate an area that I need to check on, and then I could instantly be back to the previous point because that marker would be sitting there showing me the way.

rbowser
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
While we are dreaming, I would like an Undo in the PiP Designer. If there is one I haven't found it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would like an Undo in the PiP Designer. If there is one I haven't found it.

Hi Jamie,

See attached

[Thumb - PIP D Undo 2.png]
 Filename
PIP D Undo 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
430 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
326 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2011 01:50

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Good job. It was grayed out when I looked and just didn't catch my attention. Maybe it's just time for new glasses. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Scrovegni1305 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Frisco, TX Joined: Jul 18, 2011 18:21 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
The #1 most important thing for me would be deinterlacing options, not just the horrific, terrible, awful default "blend fields" deinterlacer. Options to interpolate fields and so forth would be HUGE and is the only thing that would make me buy Power Director 10. Otherwise, I won't...simply because the software would then not be producing my videos in a satisfactory manner.

#2 most important would be greater user control over output in terms of bitrate. The software should not handicap users in such an arbitrary way...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2011 15:10

Scrovegni1305 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Frisco, TX Joined: Jul 18, 2011 18:21 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How about some additional effects, such as Motion Blur

Motion Blur exists by default in PD9 until they add real deinterlacing options. The deinterlacer they currently use should just be called "Blur".
dimar345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2009 23:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If CyberLink implements the following, I'll probably never use anything else, except PowerDirector!!!

Full support for OpenCL, SpursEngine, and Matrox CompressHD for every possible function.

High bit-rates for MPEG2 HD, H.264 up to profile 5.1, H.265!? with at least AC3 up to 640Kbps and PCM for audio.

Encoding should be fully customizable. (Multiple passes, by file size, by quality, etc), including audio customizations.

Ability to import/export to h.264/ac3/wav, M2TS, MKV, Blu-Ray, iso, and whatever else exists.

Full support for Smart Encoding to up 1080 60p / 50p and more. Should have ability to be forced, if the video/audio encoding is not fully compliant by the Smart Encoding engine.

Highest possibly quality for cropping, with proper resizing.

Highest quality up-conversion / up-scaling for converting 4:3 material from DV or uncompressed AVI to H.264 720i,p,/1080i,p, with cropping support, and proper resizing in 16:9 screen area (black bars on sides).

Highest possibly quality de-interlacing and anti-aliasing (for older material) with GPU support, no matter how much
CPU/GPU/other hardware it eats (with possibility for double FPS for perfect/original smoothness).

Highest quality automated noise removal.

Highest quality colour correction (automated, or manual).

Should not spare any RAM, which is really cheap now.

Should be totally super stable on any hardware.

CyberLink to work with chip manufacturer's to improve performance with driver updates.

I could probably think of more stuff; maybe later.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2011 10:16

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No problemo, just fork over $1,200 US and that will include phone support.
Sorry, but I am, after all, a crab.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2011 19:56

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
My Crocodile tells me that Adobe have just the product you are looking for, the price Barry quoted is about right, I know because I have it.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Robert, you old scaly fellow, I wonder why we are even listing these things, as PD 9 is not yet perfected!
Why was this thread even started? What we need is to fix 9, then go to 10.
How about PD 9 and pip SMOOTH FLUID MOTION, rather than the dreadful stutter, Smartsound working, MP3's that play?
Now I'm all crabby again... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ZoltanCanonHF200 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2009 07:30 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Working AVCHD Canon (HF200) editing (finally fixed again(!) in the second PD9 patch afair)... + audio loudness transition issue fixed (the latter is still there btw since PD8!!!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2011 13:41