Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CES_IPCAgent in PD9.2504 causing problems
PatC [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Suffolk UK Joined: Nov 17, 2009 14:00 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicolas

I checked on my machine and CES_IPCAgent.exe does NOT exist.
I have used PD9 ver 2316 , updated to 2330 and then 2504.
Strange video screen whiteouts and video card lockups with 2504.
Now gone back to Version 2316 for now, suits my system better.

So if CES_IPCAgent ever existed on my machine I must have flushed
it out during clean-up between reinstalls.

Patrick

tllim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2011 03:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The only thread that discussed CES_IPCAGENT locking and crashing the program.

Downloaded trial. I am also experiencing the same issue. And it seem only happens to HD quick time movie (*.mp4). Take only a few clicks to make it happens. After a while, i can't even open any QT *.mp4 files. It will hang abt 2-3 secs before it requires you to quit the program. There will be several CES_IPCAGENT.exe running in the background depends on how many times it fails on you. Will need to disable them in task manager.

Running on Win 7 64bit with 8GB ram.

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tllim

Welcome to the forum

Here's a Google search I found on this.
http://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=CES_IPCAGENT.exe&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=UyZ_TcD9MoOqvQOwhqjrBw#hl=en&pq=ces_ipcagent.exe&xhr=t&q=CES+IPCAGENT.exe&cp=4&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=CES+IPCAGENT.exe&pbx=1&fp=5b034419ba411890

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2011 04:48

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

tllim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you CubbyHouseFilms.

I checked those but i cant relate the explanation and not sure is CES_IPCAgent is the same as IPCAgent!

I checked the PD directory and saw the "CES" file right after i installed the program before i run PD. So pretty sure is not a virus of any kind.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Virus' which get onto a system will be masked by their creator. You will find numerous virus' which carry well know Window used file names. It is the way they're elusive.

With PD7 there was a problem with one of CyberLink's own file names being picked up by virus checkers, spotted during beta testing.

I have no information on the use of CES_IPCAgent other than this thread.

Dafydd
tllim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd. Could be something else unique in my machine. Will report back if i find anything useful to share.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update.
When actioning Magic Music for the first time the QuickTracks/Smart Sound module requires internet access to download and apply some 18 updates. I noted the CES_IPCAgent exe is used to access and link up with SmartSound to get the data.
Hope this helps
Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yep - noticed that too, with SS update.
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wonder why we all didn't notice this earlier?
Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I was only watching to see what was happening because I was having problems... normally, I wouldn't be reading each little installation note unless I was required to interact.
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
For me the observation was to do with which/what program should be allowed to access the internet, noting each from the firewall popup. Of course, recalling Nicolas' posts here helped, hence my original update post.
Dafydd
Maxim7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2011 03:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Similar problems are happening to me. Thanks to this topic I now know why (well sort off). All started happening after I "actioning Magic Music for the first time the QuickTracks/Smart Sound module requires internet access to download and apply some 18 updates." Now I get that weird process appearing when the .mov envolved in the project and the programm crashes randomly alot, sometime wouldn't start.

I am going to look for a way to get read of the Magic Music crap for starters. Another problem I notice is that .mov files quality gets destroyed as soon as I drag the file from library to the timeline- video becomes pixelated. I do have all warnings set to warn, but nothing comes up... Looks like the final outcome after video is produced comes out OK, but editing is kind of a nightmare when you can't really see the quality of what you producing...

I'll update the post if I find a way to get read of magic music...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maxim7,

1. Please read item 3 in the Read me guide at the beginning of the forum as it applies here.

2. Your secondary issue, mentioned in your second paragraph is not related to the thread topic. You will find the answer if you use Search or you post as a new topic and a member answers you.

Post as a New topic please.