Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray burn to folder
[Post New]
Make sure the DWORD value is "Hexidecimal"

Use 32 BIT even on 64BIT Windows 7...just did it on mine!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Yes Robert....DWORD 32-bit

It is confusing isn't it?

I followed these instructions written by Xerox 9/23/2009: I added a couple of words to clarify the steps (DWORD 32-bit) and (hexidecimal).

There's a Registry DWORD value you can add named BurnBDMVFolder and then set the value to 1. That seems to enable the burn-to-folder option for BDs.

The following was done on Windows XP Professional SP3.

1) Set a Restore Point.

2) Run REGEDIT from Start > Run.

3) Navigate to the AuthorPage folder at this location:
HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0\AuthorPage

Make sure you select AuthorPage, not Authoring.

4) Right-click on the AuthorPage folder and select New > DWORD 32-bit value. That will add a new value over in the right-hand pane.

5) In the right-hand pane scroll down to the bottom of the list and rename "New Value" to BurnBDMVFolder.

6) Double-click on the BurnBDVMFolder entry, or alternatively right-click on the entry, and select Modify. Change the Hexidecimal value from 0 to 1.

7) Exit Regedit.

Those steps should enable the burn-to-folder option for BDs in PDR8, at least they did for me.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 23:50

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks FredB but shouldn't I use 64 bit instructions on a 64 bit system or doesn't it make any difference?

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin, just some information for anyone on Win7 64 bit you can't access regedit in the run window. You have to...

1. Start-programs-accessories-right click dos prompt-run as administrator.

2. Then type Regedit.exe in dos window.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
OR just type regedit in the START/ search box!
Robert2 S
[Post New]
That is how I used to do it but on my Win7 64 bit system I get an error message........Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\System32\regedit.exe', Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

EDIT====The trick is run as administrator, if I right click on the search result and choose run as administrator I don't have to go through the dos prompt.

So much to learn

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 01:13

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for this tip, saves having to burn to a physical media if you just want to store and mount ISO on your HTPC!

FYI The AuthorPage in "HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0\AuthorPage" in the registry is not created till you first go to produce a disc in PD9. You can then add the DWORD. PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for this tip, saves having to burn to a physical media if you just want to store and mount ISO on your HTPC!

It is not just that but also the Burn module in PD has been always a bit flakey. I always "burn to folder" then use a third party application to burn to physical disc. Much more reliable results. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Please.

http://cyberlink.video-intern.com/thread.php?threadid=954&hilight=BD+Ordner
[Thumb - Blu-ray Ordner.PNG]
 Filename
Blu-ray Ordner.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
233 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 03:41

Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Now Nicholas.....you are confusing me!
Why is the burn to folder checkmark still there if doesn’t work?

Hi Kevin, yes i may confuse you. Sorry, I have use “if doesn’t work?” wrong. The crack works! (the ckeckmark works after applying the crack). What I was trying to say, is why CL still put that checkmark there if originally is off. Bary has just given me the answer and confirmed my suspicions (licensing issues). Thanks Bary
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t care and doesn’t want to know who gives the BD crack in first instance and I’m sure that nobody cares if the VCD burn to folder checkmark is grayed to. I have asked this many times without answers. Costs me nothing asking it again: Does anybody know how to crack the VCD burn to folder checkmark. By the way I don’t see in this one a license problem, so don’t understand that CL has it OFF.
[Post New]
Nicolas;
I don’t care and doesn’t want to know who gives the BD crack in first instance

I think we were trying to answer your original Question:
Who was the original cracker member that found out?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/14277/67729.page

Do you have a VCD player? Which model?

These edits are not really "cracks" just modification to the registry to activate options that may or may not be necessary. I hope we can find a solution for you, please be patient while those who are more qualified users than I respond.

This thread has gone on WAY too long for me to keep track of the intent. Maybe a new post with a specific question is needed??

THANKS

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 13:49

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: These edits are not really "cracks" just modification to the registry to activate options that may or may not be necessary
Thats because now it’s a “Vox populi”, but originally was a crack and someone have to give the tip LOL
Quote: Do you have a VCD player? Which model?
I don’t have it because VCD its not a player, it’s a format, and most of all DVD players can play VCD format. I'm just taking advantage of the occasion to ask if anyone knows how to change the registry, so that the checkmark for the VCD burn to folder also be enabled (same as with BD). I don’t think that I have to post a new topic about it.
[Post New]
Sorry Nicolas..I am just getting confused...I will stop watching this topic as I am unaware how to help your question.

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/c/cdi210_56/cdi210_56_dfu_eng.pdf

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 14:24

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Dont worry, be happy, you still have the nice karma Fred.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 14:30

Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I just updated to PowerDirector Ultra 9 and I'm unable to create a BurnBDMVFolder option (worked on version 8 ). Is anyone else having the same problem?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2011 19:16

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just updated to PowerDirector Ultra 9 and I'm unable to create a BurnBDMVFolder option (worked on version 8 ). Is anyone else having the same problem?

Hi Rob, have you done the registry change to enable the Burn to folder option? I attached the changes that need to be made to the registry:

There's a Registry DWORD value you can add named BurnBDMVFolder and then set the value to 1. That seems to enable the burn-to-folder option for BDs.

The following was done on Windows XP Professional SP3.

1) Set a Restore Point.

2) Run REGEDIT from Start > Run.

3) Navigate to the AuthorPage folder at this location:
PD9Ultra users:
HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\AuthorPage
PD8Ultra users:
HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0\AuthorPage

Make sure you select AuthorPage, not Authoring.

4) Right-click on the AuthorPage folder and select New > DWORD value. That will add a new value over in the right-hand pane.

5) In the right-hand pane scroll down to the bottom of the list and rename "New Value" to BurnBDMVFolder.

6) Double-click on the BurnBDVMFolder entry, or alternatively right-click on the entry, and select Modify. Change the value from 0 to 1.

7) Exit Regedit.

Those steps should enable the burn-to-folder option for BDs in PDR8 and PD9, at least they did for me.
[Thumb - BDMV_Folder.PNG]
 Filename
BDMV_Folder.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
205 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)

pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
The Burn to Folder work around needs to be a single post sticky, don't you think? Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
It sure does!
Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks! I finally got it to work again by reinstalling the software after removing all PowerDirector registry entries.

Does anyone know why PD 9 doesn't allow selecting both x.v.Color and enable hardware video encoder when burning to Blu-ray/AVCHD disk or burning to folder?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2011 01:02

pjc3
[Post New]
Quote:
Does anyone know why PD 9 doesn't allow selecting both x.v.Color and enable hardware video encoder when burning to Blu-ray/AVCHD disk or burning to folder?

Likewise in the produce tab. My only suggestion is that GPU encoding doesn't support x.v.Color at this time. Did you record the original footage in xvYYC colour to start with? If not, there is no real advantage as far as I can tell from my reading.

Out of interest: My Pana TM700 is xvYYC capable as is my Media player and LCD so I did a few tests. I personally found the extended colour gamut produced greyer blacks and some over vivid colours. Not sure whether it was just the Samsung LCD going overboard with contrast and brightness which I was unable to adjust via the menu when xvYYC was activated. Anyway I gave up as it looked worse anyway. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.