Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing with hardware encoding breaks smooth transitions
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like the issues with generating shadows files might haven been fixed (according to AVPlayVideo) in the latest release, but this is obviously a low(er) priority.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately this issue persists in the brand new 2024 version of PD365. I don't understand what's going on at CL but this is really, totally and completely inexcusable.

Also, I am unable to create any new topics on the forum using Edge or Opera browers.

This is what I'm presented with in either browser, and it's obviously impossible to determine what characters are supposed to be entered:

Clicking the Refresh button doesn't result in a visible image
optodata
[Post New]
While I'm at it, here's a screenshot of the new PD365 2024 interface (with the window shrunk down to the smallest size):

PD 2024 has the most changes as compared to the other 3 Director Suite apps, but all now have a launcher screen which may or may not be useful to different users. This one is for PD:

The top section rotates through Video Stabilizer, Video Denoise, AI Wind Removal, AI Image Generator and AI Body Effects options with video previews of each along with a Try Now button. The Recent Projects list is probably the most useful part for me

There's another produce bug at when the project AR is set to 1:1 that I found earlier this month but didn't report. If NVENC is used, the video is produced in only a second and is totally black. Unchecking Fast video rendering technology solves the issue, just like the original bug in this thread.

Here's a OneDrive folder with the packed project and my exported clips if anyone else wants to verify this in either PD21, the previous version of PD365 or the new 2024 version.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote While I'm at it, here's a screenshot of the new PD365 2024 interface (with the window shrunk down to the smallest size):

There's another produce bug at when the project AR is set to 1:1 that I found earlier this month but didn't report. If NVENC is used, the video is produced in only a second and is totally black. Unchecking Fast video rendering technology solves the issue, just like the original bug in this thread.

Here's a OneDrive folder with the packed project and my exported clips if anyone else wants to verify this in either PD21, the previous version of PD365 or the new 2024 version.

I can confirm that in version 2024 in my system making use of your files the fast video rendering on (Either with CPU or GPU) gives the same result: fast production and only black picture). However, when I CROP the video the export works fine in all output options and variations...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unfortunately this issue persists in the brand new 2024 version of PD365. I don't understand what's going on at CL but this is really, totally and completely inexcusable.

Also, I am unable to create any new topics on the forum using Edge or Opera browers.

This is what I'm presented with in either browser, and it's obviously impossible to determine what characters are supposed to be entered:

Clicking the Refresh button doesn't result in a visible image

Since the "Forum Issues" room had been removed when new feedback forum was announced, I submitted issue to PDM yesterday, I heard nothing back but I see the new topic verification code issue is fixed now for both Chrome and Edge.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There's another produce bug at when the project AR is set to 1:1 that I found earlier this month but didn't report. If NVENC is used, the video is produced in only a second and is totally black. Unchecking Fast video rendering technology solves the issue, just like the original bug in this thread.

For me appears to be a NVDEC issue in PD22/2024 perpetual, not an NVENC issue. Uncheck hardware decoding (NVDEC) in pref and one can still use NVENC feature during Fast video rendering technology just fine.

PD21 perpetual has no issue with NVDEC for the same input example.

This must have been a bug added to the PD21/365 subscription version at some pushed update and now carried over to the PD22/2024 perpetual version too.

As you say, totally and completely inexcusable.

Jeff