Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ver 10 - how to hide controls?
Jonas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2010 13:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Markd,

I was able to repeat the problem you described under limited conditions. As far as I can tell, the problem only happens when you run a DVD "Video_TS" folder as you wrote. In that case, the frame with titlebar and the controls at the bottom of the screen will persist. Curiously so does the Windows taskbar (Windows XP). Yet the Movie/Video/Music tabs at the top will disappear as they should.

With a little experimentation, I was able to discover a work-around to fix this problem. Here's what I did:

1 - With PowerDVD 10 full-screen, use the Video tab to select a "Video_TS" folder and run it by clicking on the Play button [>] at the bottom of the screen.
2 - After the movie starts to play, double-click in the middle of the video image to toggle PowerDVD 10 out of full-screen mode. The video should now be playing in the small default-size window.
3 - Double-click in the middle of the video image one more time to toggle PowerDVD 10 back to full-screen mode and the problem should have gone away. Parking the mouse pointer outside of the control area should now allow the controls to hide as they should.

Note: If you launch a video file directly (a VOB file or any video file such as an MP4 file) then the problem does not occur---everything but the video images will disappear as it should after the mouse pointer is parked outside of the control area.

Kind regards, David

Hello David,

I tried your workaround, thanks. The tabs are disappearing, but the rewind, play forward etc. is still there... Guess the only option is to wait for RD to fix this. It's so annoying I've stopped using the player now..

Jonas
regina [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2010 17:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with the menu bar on movies from the hard drive.

I just purchased the power dvd 10.

Have you solved this problem?