Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Set Aspect Ratio
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 25, 2010 08:01 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
When I use it in Powerdirector 10, it hangs!

I seen somewhere that there may be a patch. Any idea when it will be out?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I use it in Powerdirector 10, it hangs!

I seen somewhere that there may be a patch. Any idea when it will be out?

A patch did come out a few days ago, check the CyberLink web site if PD doesn't offer up the patch. Jerry Schwartz
Herbert O [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2011 18:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem "Set Aspect Ratio" hangs and I had contact with Mr Bedi in about 2 weeks and it seems to me he was asking a lot questions because he couldn´t solve the problem.
Mr Dafydd Bevan wrote that a patch v. 1012 should be out 25. oct. solving all those problems others than me experienced, but I can´t find it.
Herbert O
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone else find the patch link still not showing a patch for PD10? Now 27-10-11. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the patch and it fixed the problem with the aspect ratio. I was notifid that a update was available from Cyberlink. What is strange is now you can't find a link to the patch on Cyberlink's web site. I was giong to post a link but can't dind it.
Maybe someone from Cyberlink can chime in. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Open PD,

Click the up arrow beside "POWERDIRECTOR".
Select the Update tab.

Should be a patch in the Window, click on it to start download.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Tried that but my version doesn't show any patches available, that is why I have to wait for the Cyberlink link to come up. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Robert2 S ;
Mine was never available in the "up arrow thingy" window either!! I had to wait for the advertisement pop-up (the one that prompted PD9 users to upgrade to PD9), on the bottom of the Windows desktop to come up. Weird!

Weirder still that all these comments/questions are being raised and the Moderator, Cyberlink "Product manager" and Cyberlink in general are absolutely silent on it!!

I would send you my link, but it is created containing the product type (Full Retail) and other specific product info. Here is the PAGE...but something additional is needed to get to the patch itself:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/update/v2/update.jsp?fileTypeId=0&PRODUCTNAME=PowerDirector&PRODUCTVERSION=10.0

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2011 20:58

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Weirder still that all these comments/questions are being raised and the Moderator, Cyberlink "Product manager" and Cyberlink in general are absolutely silent on it!!

They do eat and sleep, you know.

In the meantime, click on the "Downloads" button at the top of this screen. Choose ""Software Upgrades."

When you get to the "Update Software" page, click on green icon next to PowerDirector. That will take you to a listing of patches for various versions of PowerDirector. The one at the top is the only released patch for PD10.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html Jerry Schwartz
[Post New]
jerrys;
Don't be such a smart alec!!!! That link was not there 10 minutes ago and a nicer way to address it would be creating a new post..not attacking ME!! This discussion about the patch has been ongoing for 3 DAYS!! Unless they are descended from the Van Winkle clan..it does NOT excuse them!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26. 2011 21:09

Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi Fred, thanks for the link but yes it needs something else.

Also Jerry that link has only JUST been updated. I personally think someone at Cyberlink suddenly realised "Oh Sh#t" forgot about that link."

Downloading it now. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
jerrys;

Quote: They do eat and sleep, you know.

I am globally sensitive..but this was not a Browser cache failure...the patch (dated 10/24/11) JUST NOW showed up.. since "rjsqxxx " STARTED this thread today (10/26)..no WAY the patch was showing around the globe earlier!!

Quote: Also Jerry that link has only JUST been updated.

I am very happy..as it appears to address MANY of the issues I have seen reported in this new PD10 Forum!!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2011 21:31

rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everyone, I am happy that there is a patch out there. I downloaded it from the cyberlink web site but it refuses to install. It says I need version 10.0. I am running version10.0.0.1005. I got to this version by upgrading PowerDirector 9.
Any ideas on why the update won't install? I'll try the usual reboot, etc.. but not confident that will fix it.
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
To note, I just did a disk cleanup, rebooted and tried installing the patch. It still does not install. The installer runs for awhile and looks like it created a restore point. It then gives up saying that I must have 10.0 installed. Well, I do have Powerdirector 10 installed. What is wrong?
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: To note, I just did a disk cleanup, rebooted and tried installing the patch. It still does not install. The installer runs for awhile and looks like it created a restore point. It then gives up saying that I must have 10.0 installed. Well, I do have Powerdirector 10 installed. What is wrong?

This sounds familiar. I think I had to uninstall PD10 and then re-install it.

I'm not sure, because I was uninstalling and re-installing PD10 several times a day because of an unrelated (and never-resolved) problem with SmartSound.

In any case, try that. Jerry Schwartz
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
What a battle this is! I uninstalled Powerdirector 10 and now I can't reinstall it because it's looking for powerdirector 9! How about providing us users with a full install for Powerdirector 10 that includes this latest patch? This product clearly had major problems right out the door.
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
I uninstalled PD10.
Installed PD9 with license key.
Upgraded to PD10 with license key.
Tried putting on 1012 patch and once again it fails telling me that I don't have PD10 on.

Rubbish! I think the patch doesn't work over an upgrade from PD9 to PD10.

Come on cyberlink, how about a new full installer that has the patch for us users that bought into PD10 from PD9? That would make live so much easier.

Anyway, I have opened a case with support.
[Post New]
RJsqxx;
Click on the word "POWERDIRECTOR" in the upper right of the program. What is the build you currently show?
Mine says 10.0.0.1012
I KNOW you stated you had 1005...I am just checking to see if the patch installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2011 13:45

twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed the 1012 patch with no problems. My version is 10.0.0.1012 after the patch.
Before I installed PD10 and the Content Packs, I first uninstalled PD9, Wave Editor, Smart Sound and cleaned the registry of all of these.
I then installed PD10, Content packs, entered the registration number. Then registered the product with Cyberlink using my account. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem is that I have an upgrade installer. It needs PD9 to be present - otherwise it won't install PD10.