Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vexed by crashes
[Post New]
build 3305
Have had the program for a few months. My system is right on the edge. As long as I boot fresh with none of my other usual programs running I could get along and get it to work. At least until today.

I now have what others have seen. It's crashing before getting opened up most of the time. Sometimes the full edit screen tries to come up and then it crashes.

I have cleaned, defragged, hard rebooted, and all the other usual windows dances to no avail.

As I said, I realize I'm on the edge and a new appropriate computer has moved to the top of the list.
Perhaps one of you Vets might see something in the dxt file.

Thanks
Dave
 Filename
fuelerDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
360 time(s)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
While it should not crash at start up, I would recommend more memory. At least 3GB, preferably 4GB of RAM. You should be able to edit with that system , but it will struggle with some HD, especially AVCHD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
BalconyJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2011 12:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Windows 64 system with 8Gb of memory and I am getting crashes from build 3305 since I did the update 2 days ago. The product is now un-useable. The previous version was stable. Can someone tell me where I can download the previous version?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Windows 64 system with 8Gb of memory and I am getting crashes from build 3305 since I did the update 2 days ago. The product is now un-useable. The previous version was stable. Can someone tell me where I can download the previous version?

You un-install PD 9 from your computer. Install your original PD9, either the downloaded version or the boxed version.

Then you go here for the patches, all of the previous patches are here, you only install the version you want to run.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

I do not have any problem with PD 9.0.0.3305. For me it is the most stable version of PD9 on my system.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
I must concede defeat.
After far too many hours of cleaning out files on the HD and registry, virus and spyware hunting/killing, HD checking/repair, uninstalling and reinstalling PD9 I have no joy. The only other recourse is a HD format and install but that can't happen at this time. Too much other work to do.

I just can't find what sends PD into fits.
Sure glad I got that first movie done for the kids before it all fell apart.

The good news is that this box is singing as well or better than it ever has with my other intense programs like Adobe and Corel.

I will just have to wait for a new computer with room for more ram. This one is as far as it can go.
Carry on and I will read along in the meantime.

Dave
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a Windows 64 system with 8Gb of memory and I am getting crashes from build 3305 since I did the update 2 days ago. The product is now un-useable. The previous version was stable. Can someone tell me where I can download the previous version?
CL have release 3305 with a time bomb on purpoce, so you have now to change to PD10. Bye Bye Pd9.. Lol
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I have a Windows 64 system with 8Gb of memory and I am getting crashes from build 3305 since I did the update 2 days ago. The product is now un-useable. The previous version was stable. Can someone tell me where I can download the previous version?
CL have release 3305 with a time bomb on purpoce, so you have now to change to PD10. Bye Bye Pd9.. Lol

It works fine on my system. The 64-bit version has had trouble from the beginning. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM