Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frames lost and pauses for V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I have some 23fps AVC movie clips, that DivX plays perfect; also Windows Media. Importing to PD9 its ok, but you can watch frames lost and pauses erratical in the preview (in media room and in timeline). Attach is the mediinfo file of one example clip. Any ideas?
 Filename
MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Example info
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
449 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
MediaInfo says it is 23.976 fps which is actually 24 frames per second

Powerdirector does two frame rates, 30 frames per second (NTSC 29.97 fps) or PAL 25 fps. You have the choice of drop frames Yes or No.

You could use the PAL frame rate and only drop 1 frame per second.

Another concern is the image is not a standard frame size.
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels

Standard frame size for 720P video is 1280x720 pixels.
Your bitrate is low, only 3,210 Kbps, a normal 720P HD image has a bitrate 15,500 Kbps or above. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Carl,
it's been a while since the last time coming through here...

Thanks for answering and reviewing PD9 technical information. We are clear about the size and frame rate drops and lost quality that can occur, but I think that's not my problem.

The problem I find when you import video files encoded in AVC (specifically V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC codec). They look good in DivX player and Windows Media player, but PD9 fails or miss to read it. I think it has nothing to do with FPS and I'll explain why:

The same video converted to .AVI, with the same 23,976 fps, but encoded as MPEG-4 Visual, works great in PD9.

Insist that the problem is with V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC , and I mean the AVC codec only and not the MKV files (which is just a container).

I use MKVextractorGUI to extract the H264 video file and convert in M2TS 23.976 fps.. and also failed in PD9, of cource, that MT2S files also have the V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC codec.

I think that CL should emphasize a little more on the AVC codec. I'm all ears for suggestions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2011 21:30

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Fixed:

I was unable to use PD9 MKV files, so I had to move heaven and earth to edit them in PS. Use another program to extract and convert the video channel in HD720p H264 MPG to 29.97fps (no problem to go from 23.976 to 29.97). Then I extracted the AC3 audio channel and pass it to MP3 and AC3 (PD does not read AC3 directly).