Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slide Show
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I have PD6 build 1731b

I am having a bit of a problem with the slide show, I put all my images into the time line, select all and then apply collage style.
When played, it stops after 5 or 6 images, reverts back to a blank collage style for a few seconds, then starts playing the next 5 or 6 images, reverts back again to a blank collage style, then starts the next etc. etc.

Does anyone know how to set it play all images continuously, without stopping

Thanks

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
Not possible, I think is the short answer. The design of this format is obviously limited in the number of slides it will take before dissolving back to the base image as you say and adding another set.

The only workaround I can think of, and it would be a lot of work, would be to use the PiP feature to add one image at a time on a suitable background, render it, then use the resulting movie as the base to add a second etc, etc. Not something anyone would want to do I think!

Sorry, I haven't a better answer!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2007 10:22

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks Andrew. I spoke to Robert earlier (Skype) and he's going to post the results and our findings - he was on late in Australia.

Good suggestions - I like seeing work-arounds.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2007 10:34

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response, I had not used Slide show before, previously have always used Power Producer or other photo editing software so did not know what to expect.so when Slide show started 'grouping' I thought that maybe this was a problem.

After Dafydd explained that this is the natural default of the program, we tried a little experiment, we both used 20 images and found that the display will randomly select the number shown in a sequence.

Dafydd's, computer displayed as 8+7+5
My Computer displayed as 5+5+5+5

Now we thought that the editor should have more control over the display numbers and the sequence. We appreciate that there may be a limitation to the number of photos shown in any sequence but believe that the display would look more professional if we could alter the amount of images displayed in a collection to reflect the like nature of the images in a sequence.

Dafydd has asked Cyberlink to investigate whether this is possible for a future version of Power Director.

A BIG thank you to Dafydd, I do appreciate the amount of your own time and effort you dedicate to helping us resolve our editing issues, no matter how trivial they seem to be.

Thanks mate

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots