Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 updates must be installed in sequence?
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Do you need to install all the updates in sequence, or you can go directly from 2330 to 2504?.
Passing from 2330 directly to 2504, does CL ensures that all updates are installed from build 2330 to 2504?

I have install on January build 2504 directly from build 2330 and have to report some 2504 issues to CLTS, that doesn’t appear on 2330 and nobody else have, and some how have to be whit 2330A.
[Post New]
I asked this same question after I jumped from the downloaded version directly to the latest update and experienced problems.

I was told by forum members that the updates are cumulative, so you can go directly to the latest update. However, since I had a problem the first time I tried that, I opted to perform each update individually in sequence, and have had absolutely no issues with PD9 since. One piece of advice though is to set a system restore point before applying the updates.
PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
That is correct. The latest update included ALL previous patches. As for release 2504, yes there have been various problems reported (just search for them) including some from me. However, after doing some system cleaning my PD9-2504 is now running well, but not as well as PD8 did. The trade-off is more editing power in PD9. Just take care with transitions, which from what I've seen so far (but have yet to prove it) may be one of the little demons. And low powered PC and graphics cards are another growing issue as well. Win 10, i7
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Yep.. I went from 2330 to 2504 no problem... yes the updates should be included with the latest version (update) __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link