Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 created 16:9 DVD disc burning as 4:3
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I have a BD project 1920x1440 pixel HD format and of course is in 16:9 aspect radio. I already create the BD disc, but I want to create a wide screen DVD for those friends that haven’t own a BD player yet, and coincidentally I made the same steps as Dafydd raise in post PD5 http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/470.page . In the computer, the DVD is in wide screen, but the TV is 4:3"

Why?

EDITED: Sorry to change the title of the topic (Blu-Ray create backup project in normal DVD, playing as 4:3 in TV). But writing about Blu-Ray or TV does not make sense. It seemed more appropriate to place: PD9 created 16:9 DVD disc burning as 4:3. I know this can cause confusion, but I'm still in time to change it without causing much trouble. Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2011 08:52

HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
NicholasNY,

Some DVD players have a setting for the aspect ratio of the TV they are connected to. That might be the cause. I found this to be true with the DVD player that I have.

Hope this helps.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Dont solve my question Halcon. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/470.page . doenst work. So what? group 3
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
NicholasNY,

I am sorry, I don't know what to tell you. All my DVD's play in 16:9 on my TV after I changed the DVD settings. They are in 16:9 on both the computer and the TV.

And in case you are wondering, I have a stand-alone Panasonic DVD player/burner connected to the TV along with the 2 internal DVDs and 1 BlueRay R/W connected to the computer. All LG if it matters.

I was hoping my tip would help but I guess not.

As to your other question, I prefer to keep you guessing.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: I changed the DVD settings.
What seetings? and where?
HalCon
[Post New]
NicholasNY,

I found the setting in the player setup menu. It was a few years ago so the details of just where I found it is not all that clear. I suffer from TMB (too many birthdays)

Each player will have its own menu settings and there should be one for the format of the TV that is connected. As I only have the one stand-alone DVD I cannot comment on other brands.

I do hope you get it sorted out, I know it was frustrating for me not being able to watch my wide screen productions on my wide screen TV correctly. Once I found and changed the setting, every thing is great.

Hal
My YouTube
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I have the option to expand the screen on my TV, but that is not the problem.

The problem is that the PD9 created VOB movie files are in 4:3 and not in 16:9

The created menu yes is in 16:9, but the rest of the VOB files (the movie) are in 4:3. I have upload the MediaInfo of the menu and one of the movie vob files.

(Title edited)
 Filename
VTS_01_1.VOB.txt
[Disk]
 Description
ONE OF THE MOVIE FILES
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
414 time(s)
 Filename
VIDEO_TS.VOB.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MENU
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
413 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2011 08:54

ZekeDiego [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2011 20:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Hal,

I just started using PD. The discs I burn in 4:3 are stretched out wide on my TV. The discs I burned (pre-PD) played correctly in 4:3, so I naturally blamed PD. Driving me crazy. Spent a LOT of time playing with PD settings, TV settings, reading forum posts, etc. Until I got to yours......

"Some DVD players have a setting for the aspect ratio of the TV they are connected to. That might be the cause. I found this to be true with the DVD player that I have."

I put in an older disc and now it ALSO is wide (WTF???!) So I went into the PLAYER's settings. BINGO! Somehow, someway, the aspect ratio recently went wacko. Corrected it and I am up & running.

Presently I am re-populating the hair I pulled out. THANK YOU!

HalCon
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Hal,

I just started using PD. The discs I burn in 4:3 are stretched out wide on my TV. The discs I burned (pre-PD) played correctly in 4:3, so I naturally blamed PD. Driving me crazy. Spent a LOT of time playing with PD settings, TV settings, reading forum posts, etc. Until I got to yours......

"Some DVD players have a setting for the aspect ratio of the TV they are connected to. That might be the cause. I found this to be true with the DVD player that I have."

I put in an older disc and now it ALSO is wide (WTF???!) So I went into the PLAYER's settings. BINGO! Somehow, someway, the aspect ratio recently went wacko. Corrected it and I am up & running.

Presently I am re-populating the hair I pulled out. THANK YOU!

Glad it worked for you.

Hope you get the hair population up to normal soon.

Hal
My YouTube