Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Major freezing problems
[Post New]
I have a short 12 second video intro that after much trouble, I was finely able to produce. This is an intro that I need to place at the beginning of all my tutorial videos. This is the third video that I have had a major freeze and crash problem with. When I take my intro and place it on the time line, it freezes and crashes every time. This is getting to be a major hassle, as I make several tutorial videos every week. It's just a 12 second clip. It's a MP4 because I need high quality, but it's so short I can't see what the problem could be. I don't want to use the original that I made because I lost three of them in the past and want to use my produced version so I don't have to keep recreating my intro. Any suggestions? It took me two days to make my first video, I need to resolve this...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2011 20:38

Chicago Web Design & SEO
http://cybersmartwebmarketing.com/
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Madcap,

Why don't you attach your intro .mp4 so some of us can test it on our systems.

This will allow us to better help you.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
See attached:
 Filename
Intro.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
intro
 Filesize
22596 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
432 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 01:10

Chicago Web Design & SEO
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Madcap

Your clip plays fine in my PD8. :

My machine didn't like PD9

Have you tried producing it in the MPEG2 format?

Try downloading the Klite codec pack - Google it.

I use MPEG2 HD 1080i and get brilliant results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 02:39

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Plays fine on my system and on the timeline and I can edit it OK.

I think you need to give more details of your setup and the exact symptoms, error mesages etc. As Neil indicates it may be a codec issue (quite common) but complete system freezes may point to other potential issues.

My recent new system had random lockups and freezes, mainly with PD9 and media players, and I spent 2 months trouble shooting it, replacing things or running a bare bones system, only to eventually replace the mobo and cure the problem.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Thanks for the resopnces. last night I downloaded the DivX codex and I was able to play it one time with my new project video just fine. Then when I went to produce it, it jammed.

This morning I down loaded the Klite codec pack as you said and attempted to reproduce it as a MPEG2 HD 1080i and it froze when I placed it on the time line again. I have a 64 bit HP Pavilion du7 with great sound and video cards. How does the MPEG2 format work on YouTube videos? Attached is the video that I captured without the intro video that I have not yet produced. It plays just fine. It appears to be something with the intro.
 Filename
cap_110207.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
314289 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 08:46

Chicago Web Design & SEO
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I did not have any problem with the intro either. But I am 32 bit not 64 bit with a HP Pavilion.

Nice intro too... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
Worked fine for me too MadCap. I love the guitar riff!
[Post New]
Okay, I started over from scratch because that processed intro was just not working. I have a new intro that I have not produced and will leave it as is, and add it to my videos as needed. One other problem; I can't pull this file into Camtaisa, which tells me I should produce one copy for when I do my editing and publishing in Camtaisa. It's much easyer, and faster producing videos in Camtaisa, the question is, what format should I produce my intro video so that it will work in Camtaisa? Chicago Web Design & SEO
[Post New]
I just wanted to post the fix that worked for me to help out others who are having the same problem:

1. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans,
screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch \
PowerDirector.

2. Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one.
To open temp folder, kindly follow the path:
Click on “Start” -> select “Run” command then type “%temp%” to open the temp folder. Select
all files of the temp folder and delete them.
Empty the 'Recycle Bin' folder. Right click on the Recycle Bin folder and press on Empty folder.

3. Try to burn the project in the lowest possible recording speed to ensure the best quality and the
integrity of the video. This option can be found by selecting Configuration button on the 'Burn' Configuration page.

4. Start Windows in Selective Startup mode, do the following steps:
a. Click on Start.
b. Click on Run.
c. Type “msconfig” and click on OK.
d. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
e. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
f. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
g. Click on Apply.
h. Click on OK.
i. Click on Close.
j. It will ask you to restart your computer. Click on "Restart".

5. Update the drivers of your Display card and the Sound card. To update the drivers
I would suggest you to contact the manufacturers of the Display card and Sound cards or visit their website.

6. Please check whether the drive where you have installed PowerDirector software has enough space on it.
For example if you want to burn 5 GB of data on the DVD then you must have 25 GB of free space on your drive.
As a large memory space is required for buffering while burning a DVD.

http://cybersmartwebmarketing.com/ Chicago Web Design & SEO
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your fix information..... also the issue of having updated drivers cannot be expressed enough.... never was an issue years ago... but now days.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2011 15:03

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, great information. Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, good information!

And also, since your signing has been on for a couple of days,
it seems it's now ok to post a link with discretion.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
Lol... I had to give myself a little link juice after all I went through! : The phone support was what helped the most, and since I know other people have the same problem, I thought it would be a good idea to share the fix. Everything is working just fine now. I even joined the affiliate program.
Chicago Web Design & SEO