Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing a MPEG-4 Portable movie, have pixelated blocks and jumping frames
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Im trying to produce some clips to my Nokia E71 phone, but the results are terrible. For example, try this:

1. Open PD9
2. Add "Nature.mpg" to the timeline
3. Go to Produce and click on "Device Tab"
4. Set the following:

- FILE FORMAT: MPEG-4 Portable
- PROFILE TYPE: Nokia Phone
- PHONE MODEL: E71
(The Profile name/quality will be E71 - 320x240)

5. Click on "Start". The attached movie in this post is a 5sec example and is the normal result of all my projects.

Notes:
- Doesnt matter if the project is in 16:9 or 4:3 aspect radio.
- I try the same project with some other phone devices and its the same
 Filename
Produce.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
163 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
413 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2010 19:09

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Don’t think I can confirm this one.

Yes, produced file is not great, and I do get a bit of jumping (a little less than yours Nicolas). But then again, I wouldn’t expect much in the way of quality or performance from a video that was produced to be tailored for a mobile phone, at a resolution of 320x240 at a bit rate of only 337 Kbps.

Plus, the Nature clip only has a resolution of 512x288. So one is starting off with a low quality video clip to begin with.
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,
I have try with a 320x240 original movie and the result its worst. It have understand that if you have a better quality and bigger pixel movie, converting it to a lower size should work. The true is that no matter what source I use, the result have the same effect. I use the same original and converted to mp4 320x240 using TMPGEnc and the result its perfect.
Thanks for you replay
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I use the same original and converted to mp4 320x240 using TMPGEnc and the result its perfect.

Did you use the same bitrate? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I have use many clips examples (wma, mpeg, avi, etc) with differents bitrates in the time line to confirm my issue. All them have the same production result.

EDITED:
What do you referer to the same bitrate?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2010 22:05

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Same bitrate in TMPGEnc as you did in PD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I really doesnt undertand your question Jaime. In PD you cant change the production bitrate on mobile profiles. So what do you mean?. Sorry for my ignorance