Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 8 editing and synch issues with WTV files. Still dorked.
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
It's amazing after so many versions of software and with the incredible hardware that is out there we still have to suffer with synchronization issues when using h.264 encoded source files.

Here's another example of the synch problem that been there since version 7 when importing windows media center WTV files. The longer your source file is, the further out of synch the audio gets after import.

Windows DVD maker uses the same source files and produces a proper DVD.

In PD8, the audio is already out of synch immediately after importing, so there's no point in bothering with even trying to produce anything. Nothing's been improved since early version 7.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

If Windows DVD Maker has the video and audio in sync with WTV files, can Windows DVD maker output a File instead of a DVD?

There is conversion software that takes a WTV file and outputs to DVR-MS.

Look for WTV converter on your Windows 7. File name is wtvconverter.exe.

Power Director supports the DVR-MS format.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=2198

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2010 11:26

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Look for WTV converter on your Windows 7. File name is wtvconverter.exe.

Easier than that. You can just right-click on the WTV files and it allows you to convert directly to the DVR-MS format. PD8 still has to convert the DVR-MS file to process it, though.

And, the lag and out of synch issues are still present regardless of which one you use.

The lag gets worse the further into the video you go. Or, if using multiple videos it is abhorrent by the end.

It's not usable, and because of the gradual creep you can't just shift the audio back into synch.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2010 11:45

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply.

I quit using MediaCenter a long time ago for recording TV shows.

I now have Dishnetwork with HD DVR. Plus I have the Hauppauge HD PVR device that captures component video and stereo audio.

Hauppauge HD PVR works a treat. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.