Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Speaker Noise and Crackle with MP3's
dopou94
Newbie Location: Paris - FRANCE Joined: Jun 20, 2011 16:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all friendly contributors to my crusade,

Tony, I can't agree more with your statement :

1. I have exactly the same issue I've heard in your attachment

2. however, .MP3 converted in .wav doesn"t work either

3. to go straight to the point (to cut to the chase ?), wma works perfectly :))) I love Bill's galaxy!

At the end of the day, this is off-putting, but I must admit, as a froggy guy from Paris, that this is improving my written english.

Will keep you posted if wizards from Cyberlink technical support find the Holy Graal

PowerDirector9 - patch #2930

Windows XP - Asustek P5W DH - Intel Core2Duo 3.00 GHz E6850 - 2 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB -
DirectX 9.0c
dopou94
[Post New]
Hi all users and contributors,

My issue has been fixed by the Cyberlink technical support.

I have uninstalled the "K-Lite Codec Pack" from my PC and now I can read MP3 perfectly.

It's so nice to get rid of this kind of blo*dy issue.

By the way, thanks to all of you for your help.

Cheers. DP

Windows XP - Asustek P5W DH - Intel Core2Duo 3.00 GHz E6850 - 2 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB -
DirectX 9.0c
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dominique,

I feel a bit slighted, as, if you had followed my suggestion, you would have found this out for yourself. Let me explain, as as it may be useful to you some time in the future (I am an ex-Windows Systems Developer, so have a little idea of what I am talking about, though even I get tripped up sometimes by the simplest of things).

Anyway... :-

If you had done a safe boot, the K-lite codec pack DLLs would not have been loaded. You would have found that PD9 was fine, and then following the selective loading procedure, you should have found that it was the KLCP.

Safe booting is the key to finding most interference problems. The binary selective loading procedure would identify one out of 32 loaded services in a maximum of 5 boots. Not a heavy price to pay when you are 99% sure of getting the answer... and probably taking a lot less time than the frustrating things you did have to do.

Note that the problem was not a Cyberlink problem, it was a problem out of their control, but they actually went out of their way to find it. Pretty good for a bunch who normally get a lot of stick.

You will possibly find that uninstalling the KLCP will mean some other file format will give you trouble later. FWIW, I have the KLCP loaded with no evidence (SO FAR) of any problems like yours, but it maybe that mine is a later or different version.

Denbigh - aka SeptimusFry, living and breathing in Cotes d'Armor since 2004.
i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
dopou94
[Post New]
hello SeptimusFry,

I do agree with you, YOU are right : Your proc. is the one to use.

But to be honest, in the hurry, I skipped disclosing something which happened when I tried to start in diag mode. When I pushed OK, the system answered that I couldn't hide a couple of programmes (in french "une erreur de refus d'accès a été renvoyée lors de la tentative de modifier un service. Vous devrez peut être ouvrir une session en utilisant un compte administrateur...". I was the administrator...

At the end, I had to do with it, then it was not totally in line with your directions. I tried to desactivate codecs, but i missed this one. Don't know why, was blind...

So apologises, apologises, apologises

Hence, I'm writing in this forum to say that YOU have the solution, I'm a naughty boy.

Many thanks for your help and your statement.

See you in Brittany, who knows ?

Truth will you :

Regards.

DirectX 9.0c
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dominique & Denbigh -

I'm glad you resolved your MP3 issue, Dominique. When I was investigating mine, I uninstalled K-Lite completely, and it had no impact!

Thus far, I haven't taken the time to follow Denbigh's thorough suggestions - but it's on my TO DO list.

Sometimes, there's a "one-answer-fits-all" solution & then there's the other 70% of times!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Dom,

You are lucky - I try to help out my neighbours when they have problems (gotta integrate somehow), and when I get those messages, IN FRENCH, I sometimes have no 100% sure translation available; so I can certainly understand when you follow 1,2,3... and suddenly something pops up which makes something simple into something really tedious. Just keep the link I gave you in your Favourites, so you can fall back on it another time.

Tony, following the Safe/Diagnostic Boot procedure will reduce the 70% to less than 5% !!

Good luck

Denbigh i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232