Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frustration with Recent PowerDirector Update - Missing Opacity Control in Timeline
Atheist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2021 07:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello fellow PowerDirector users

I hope you're all doing well. I felt compelled to share my recent experience with the new PowerDirector 2024/365 update, and I must say I'm quite disappointed.

One of the features that I've relied on extensively in my video editing projects is the ability to control opacity directly in the timeline. In previous versions of PowerDirector, this was a straightforward and essential tool for me. However, with the latest update, it seems that this feature has been relegated to a more obscure location, making it unnecessarily complicated to access.

I submitted a support ticket, and I received a response from CyberLink's support team, which stated that the opacity control has been moved to the editing window, accessible by double-clicking on video clips in the timeline to open the Quick Edit window. They also recommended clicking on the "Advanced" button on the editing toolbar to enter the advanced editing mode for further opacity keyframe adjustments.

While I appreciate their response and the effort to explain the new process, it's frustrating that a feature as fundamental as opacity control has been made more cumbersome to use. In the past, having opacity adjustments in the timeline was incredibly convenient, and this change feels like a step backward in terms of user-friendliness.

In light of this change, I've made the difficult decision to cancel my subscription to PowerDirector 356. I believe it's essential to voice my discontent with my wallet as well. However, I want to clarify that my intention is not to abandon the software indefinitely. I have been a loyal user for a long time, and I'm ready to renew my subscription as soon as CyberLink brings back the direct opacity control in the timeline.

I've also shared this suggestion with CyberLink's product team, asking them to consider bringing back the option to display opacity keyframes directly in the timeline. It's essential that our feedback is heard and taken into account for future software updates.

In conclusion, I just wanted to express my frustration with this particular change in the new PowerDirector update. I understand that software updates aim to improve user experiences, but sometimes, it's necessary to maintain features that users rely on regularly. I hope that CyberLink will consider revisiting this decision in the future.

Thank you for listening, and I encourage all PowerDirector users who feel similarly to voice their opinions and share their experiences.

Cheers
David62277 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2021 12:44 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello fellow PowerDirector users

I hope you're all doing well. I felt compelled to share my recent experience with the new PowerDirector 2024/365 update, and I must say I'm quite disappointed.

One of the features that I've relied on extensively in my video editing projects is the ability to control opacity directly in the timeline. In previous versions of PowerDirector, this was a straightforward and essential tool for me. However, with the latest update, it seems that this feature has been relegated to a more obscure location, making it unnecessarily complicated to access.

I submitted a support ticket, and I received a response from CyberLink's support team, which stated that the opacity control has been moved to the editing window, accessible by double-clicking on video clips in the timeline to open the Quick Edit window. They also recommended clicking on the "Advanced" button on the editing toolbar to enter the advanced editing mode for further opacity keyframe adjustments.

While I appreciate their response and the effort to explain the new process, it's frustrating that a feature as fundamental as opacity control has been made more cumbersome to use. In the past, having opacity adjustments in the timeline was incredibly convenient, and this change feels like a step backward in terms of user-friendliness.

In light of this change, I've made the difficult decision to cancel my subscription to PowerDirector 356. I believe it's essential to voice my discontent with my wallet as well. However, I want to clarify that my intention is not to abandon the software indefinitely. I have been a loyal user for a long time, and I'm ready to renew my subscription as soon as CyberLink brings back the direct opacity control in the timeline.

I've also shared this suggestion with CyberLink's product team, asking them to consider bringing back the option to display opacity keyframes directly in the timeline. It's essential that our feedback is heard and taken into account for future software updates.

In conclusion, I just wanted to express my frustration with this particular change in the new PowerDirector update. I understand that software updates aim to improve user experiences, but sometimes, it's necessary to maintain features that users rely on regularly. I hope that CyberLink will consider revisiting this decision in the future.

Thank you for listening, and I encourage all PowerDirector users who feel similarly to voice their opinions and share their experiences.

Cheers

If you ask support enough they will give you a link to download the previous version. I had to list the reasons I can't work with the new version... opacity, dumbed down audio, all the extra clicks, etc... eventually they gave me a link to download v21.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2023 11:33