Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help finding basic editing functions
Azguul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2023 19:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm using version 22.0.2126.0

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to perform some basic editing features (Pan, zoom, freeze frame). I've watched tutorials on this website and on YouTube, and I've read the tutorials in the help sections on this website, but the pictures/videos/descriptions of PowerDirector on those videos and tutorials don't match up with what I see.

For the most part, the advice is "select the clip you want to edit on your timeline, then find the "Edit" button above the timeline". I don't have an "Edit" option above the timeline. I only have "Audio Mixer", "Split", and "More Features". There's an "Edit Video" option available after pressing "More Features", but those aren't the tools I need (although Freeze Frame is listed, but it's greyed out).

There's an "Edit" button at the top above the Media, Titles, Transitions, Etc..., and an "Edit Item" option, but all the further options are greyed out.
[Thumb - No Edit Button.jpg]
 Filename
No Edit Button.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
No Edit Button
 Filesize
242 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - No Edit Button 2.jpg]
 Filename
No Edit Button 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
No Useful Options
 Filesize
345 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2023 15:46

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I'm using version 22.0.2126.0

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to perform some basic editing features (Pan, zoom, freeze frame). I've watched tutorials on this website and on YouTube, and I've read the tutorials in the help sections on this website, but the pictures/videos/descriptions of PowerDirector on those videos and tutorials don't match up with what I see.

For the most part, the advice is "select the clip you want to edit on your timeline, then find the "Edit" button above the timeline". I don't have an "Edit" option above the timeline. I only have "Audio Mixer", "Split", and "More Features". There's an "Edit Video" option available after pressing "More Features", but those aren't the tools I need (although Freeze Frame is listed, but it's greyed out).

There's an "Edit" button at the top above the Media, Titles, Transitions, Etc..., and an "Edit Item" option, but all the further options are greyed out.

For whatever reason, user invoked or PD22 invoked, the video and audio have become unlinked. This is evident by the two colors, why a solid white line around selected clips is a little odd. If you just select the video, if you can, video edit features will be returned. These video edit features are only available when video and audio remain linked in a source clip.

Jeff
Azguul [Avatar]
[Post New]

For whatever reason, user invoked or PD22 invoked, the video and audio have become unlinked. This is evident by the two colors, why a solid white line around selected clips is a little odd. If you just select the video, if you can, video edit features will be returned. These video edit features are only available when video and audio remain linked in a source clip.

Jeff

Ah! In this case, I had to unlink the video and audio in order to just select just the video, and when I did the options are now available. Thank you very much, I was growing very frustrated.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ah! In this case, I had to unlink the video and audio in order to just select just the video, and when I did the options are now available. Thank you very much, I was growing very frustrated.

I think there's probably a bug in there somewhere, I've never seen unlinked video and audio yet the clip acts as if it's one with the white border around all requiring you to unlink. What edit item was done to create the green i on the clip?

I've noticed that some audio edits now isolate the audio stream which was not the case in PD21, like Audio Denoise.

Jeff
Azguul [Avatar]
[Post New]

I think there's probably a bug in there somewhere, I've never seen unlinked video and audio yet the clip acts as if it's one with the white border around all requiring you to unlink. What edit item was done to create the green i on the clip?

I've noticed that some audio edits now isolate the audio stream which was not the case in PD21, like Audio Denoise.

Jeff

I unlinked the video/audio from the camera I was using, deleted the audio from the camera, and replaced that with audio I recorded from a microphone. The edit to the current audio track is when I turned up the gain on the audio.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I unlinked the video/audio from the camera I was using, deleted the audio from the camera, and replaced that with audio I recorded from a microphone. The edit to the current audio track is when I turned up the gain on the audio.

Oh yes, that action would create that issue and the white border around all. When you replaced with your audio, you relinked audio and video in the clip. That creates the white outline boarder around the disjoined source.

Since you have disjoined audio and video but linked them, you'd need to unlink again for proper edit features. For your reference, if it's common audio with the video stream, you wouldn't have to unlink for proper edit features.

Jeff