Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New 365 2024
StephanieP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2012 21:56 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I dislike just about everything about the recent updated 365 and am honestly considering moving to a different platform after many years devoted to Powerdirector. It is like a step backwards, a big one. The scrubber sticks, you can't hardly move it, and then it jumps. I thought the previous ability to stretch a pic or title worked just fine...now I'm losing time because it wants me to decide if I trim only or do other things. I don't know why, but I never thought there was a problem working with it before. I can't save custom edits to action graphics titles, which was very very important to me in the past. There is no "advanced" button for those titles, although when I wrote for help they told me that I needed to click on it. I cannot find it, although it is there for other title templates. I do have wave forms now, although I was tearing my hair out for awhile trying to figure out what happened to them. It seems very clunky in many ways, freezes up more than it used to, I like that I can click on a title and get access to edit menu immediately, however, I dislike that I then have to go to "advanced button" to get the additional features I need. It's just like an extra step to get to important features. Why not just make it all available immediately? I'll probably run into more issues as I go. I've learned to work around the inability to save custom graphic action titles, because I had a number of custom ones previously saved that I can use & distinguish between them on the timeline, although I can't save them with new information. I just have to modify for each video and use copy. So it goes. Maybe they'll improve on it here soon. Hoping so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2023 01:40

Mike Hall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2018 19:37 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
The PD2024/365 update was a massive step backwards. Honestly, I couldn't believe how much useful functionality was removed and extra mouse clicks were introduced to do the same simple things I could do before.
I thought about changing to other editing software, but I like PowerDirector very much so I just cancelled my 365 subscription and bought PD21 Ultra. My editing requirements are fairly simple and PD21 is more than adequate.
David62277 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2021 12:44 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The PD2024/365 update was a massive step backwards. Honestly, I couldn't believe how much useful functionality was removed and extra mouse clicks were introduced to do the same simple things I could do before.
I thought about changing to other editing software, but I like PowerDirector very much so I just cancelled my 365 subscription and bought PD21 Ultra. My editing requirements are fairly simple and PD21 is more than adequate.

I nagged support until they gave me the link to download v21. Uninstalled 2024, installed 21 and turned off the upgrade notifications.
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
They fobbed me off when I tried this, but I'm having another go.

Today I finally gave up on PD22. I was working on a very simple 5 minute clip which I color-corrected in CDR and then edited on the timeline. Editing was painfully slow as PD22 is so laggy, especially with the CDR edits. I finally rendered the clip (edited to 3:15 mins) and it took 13 minutes to render(!)

Looking at the output, I then realised it required a further color-correction. Here's the issue - the clip was divided into about 20 edits each one of which would need to be corrected. But not a problem - I take one edit into CDR, correct it and then, back in the PD timeline, apply that change to all the edits on the timeline. Then I remembered - there is no 'Apply to All' in PD22, so I'm stumped!

Not wishing to go backwards and forwards between PD and CDR twenty separate times, I decided to go back to PD17 (where fortunately I also had the clip set up.) While there, I decided I'd do a bit of re-editing and was amazed how much easier it was (no lagging, everything immediate and responsive). I applied the new color-corrections in CDR and then rendered the clip (now extended to 3:41). To add insult to injury - it took only 7 mins to rendered dispite being 26 seconds longer!

How did we end up with a version that performs worse in every respect - feature set, ease and speed of editing, rendering time - than a version that is 7 years old? Astonishing!

Paul

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2023 12:10

Pete's Jeep Adventures [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2013 23:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I understand your frustration. Instead of streamlining the program, it seems to take more steps to do some of the functions. One example is I could play with the image opacity directly on the clip (there was a line that could be adjusted). It is not there anymore. Can't find it. Now I have to go in the advanced settings.
Why change these little things. You can change the aesthetics of the program if you want but please don't change the effectiveness and ease of use.
I have been with PD since version 7 and might be looking at DaVinci Resolve or some other software.
StephanieP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2012 21:56 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

I nagged support until they gave me the link to download v21. Uninstalled 2024, installed 21 and turned off the upgrade notifications.

Oh, I will see if I can do that.