Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion Graphics Title - Save as Custom Template
Mauricio Chino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2023 01:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone knows how to save a motion title as a custom template? It seems that in the new version I can only save custom templates that are created from scratch.

In the previous version, I could select a pre existing motion title from the online library, edit it however I wanted it (font style, color, etc) and save it as a template to avoid editing them again everytime.

Now in the new version, the only option I see is to copy the atributes of a motion title and copy it into another motion title on the current track.

This new feature is handy if you are using the same atributes every time... The problem is that I`m using the same motion title and changing the colours/fonts based on the difficulty level of a task represented in the video and therefore I have around 10 different versions of the same initial motion title.

Scrolling through the video to find the version that I want and then copy the attributes is very inconvenient vs saving them as templates named after the grades for easy access (example / v1 - green, v2 - yellow, v3 - red, etc).

If anyone knows a workaround for this in the new version, please let me know.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I can see there is indeed no option to save the Motion Titles in the new version as you say, this is of course very unfortunate and once again an item on the list of lost features with the new version of PD 365.
My suggestion -as always- is: wite a suggestion via the Rate us & Provide suggestions, so that CL knows what its dear users require.

You ask for a work around. As I understand you have about 10 versions of the same motion title. That you use over and over again?
In that case I would,
  • in a new project define the 10 titles next to each other.
  • Save the project (give it an easy project title).
  • And for each project you want to apply one or more of these titles, INCLUDE the project so that you have the set of titles at hand, and copy the applicable title into the timeline of the project as desired.
  • Once you are finished you can delete the inserted title project from your working project (don't delete the saved project on disk obviously).

I think that this method would be the closed to the set of saved titles. But, again, it does not make PD365 the most speedy editor, so maybe CL can reinstate the saving of these titles.
Mauricio Chino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2023 01:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply!

It's unfortunate that this feature is gone, but I'll write something on the suggestion section as you mentioned.

Cheers
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

You’ll possibly laugh when you read this… & it is kinda laughable to have to come up with such a shonky workaround to an operation that should be/used to be very simple.

N.B. This workaround requires that you have a previous (perpetual) version of PDR installed. In my case, I used PDR21.

OK – following the Mauricio’s description, I opened PDR21 & went to the Motion Graphics section of the Titles module I chose Motion Graphic 32 and made some basic modifications (text & colour) & saved each one as a new template (which cannot be done in either PDR22/2024 or PDR365/2024).

The new templates folders landed, as expected, in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles

I copied the folders named “Title_000, Title_001, Title_002” etc and pasted them into the corresponding folder for PDR365/2024 which is C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\22.0\MyTitles

N.B.: If your destination folder is already populated with folders of the same names you’ll need to rename either those or the ones you’re pasting.

Now the new title templates are available in the Titles module under Titles > My Content > Custom.

Come to think of it, maybe Warry's suggestion is a bit simpler to implement.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!