Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing length of an image adjusts every layer
[Post New]
I build videos from a variety of still images and videos using multiple layers. I often have to tweak the lengths of still images to get a desired effect. If I select one or more images and select the icon to set the length, all layers adjust by the difference in length, a real problem. Is there a way to change the length of an image and have the option of leave gap (if shortened)? Currently I have to grab the edge one image at a time and expand or shrink to the length that I need. Paul C
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I build videos from a variety of still images and videos using multiple layers. I often have to tweak the lengths of still images to get a desired effect. If I select one or more images and select the icon to set the length, all layers adjust by the difference in length, a real problem. Is there a way to change the length of an image and have the option of leave gap (if shortened)? Currently I have to grab the edge one image at a time and expand or shrink to the length that I need.

Maybe try to just click the lock (just to the left of the timeline) on the tracks you don't want to move. Unlock tracks when done with your duration change.

Jeff
[Post New]

Maybe try to just click the lock (just to the left of the timeline) on the tracks you don't want to move. Unlock tracks when done with your duration change.

Jeff

That's technique is good for layers other than the active layer. I have used that technique before when I wasn't concerned about the active layer being changed. But when the relative position of all layers need to be static relative to each other, it doesn't work. What has worked is to lock the other layers, calculate the total difference in time to the objects being expanded/contracted and then after the adjustment, move the remaining objects to the left or right by that difference. It can be a pain.

When the adjustment might effect the positioning of other objects in any layer, I would prefer a popup that gives an option (similar to Cut and Remove) to adjust: all layers, this layer only, or no adjustment. After all this is no different than Cut, Remove or Insert. Paul C