Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prodad Adorage failing in menu creation
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My Prodad Adorage is behaving very weird.
The FX work in the timeline but do not "stick" in menu creation.
I can create a menu with Adorage FX, save it, and see the thumbnail as newly designed, but when rendering my video DVD the FX are not present.
Has anyone tried this yet? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My Prodad Adorage is behaving very weird.
The FX work in the timeline but do not "stick" in menu creation.
I can create a menu with Adorage FX, save it, and see the thumbnail as newly designed, but when rendering my video DVD the FX are not present.
Has anyone tried this yet?

I've never had Adorage Fx work in the menu creation system if you’re talking about applying the Fx to the background video of say the "Chapters" page in Menu Designer. It's not worked for me in DVD, BD, MPEG or H.264 disc creation options. The PD preview shows the Fx applied, the end product simply does not. The Adorage FX does work fine for timeline content for me.

A workaround for me in this case is to apply the Fx to the video clip I'm using as background video and then use this in the Menu Designer vs using the basic video and Fx in Menu Designer.

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

I've never had Adorage Fx work in the menu creation system if you’re talking about applying the Fx to the background video of say the "Chapters" page in Menu Designer. It's not worked for me in DVD, BD, MPEG or H.264 disc creation options. The PD preview shows the Fx applied, the end product simply does not. The Adorage FX does work fine for timeline content for me.

A workaround for me in this case is to apply the Fx to the video clip I'm using as background video and then use this in the Menu Designer vs using the basic video and Fx in Menu Designer.

Jeff

Jeff,
you certainly have seen and tried and worked-around everything regarding PowerDirector
over it's many iterations. I never tried to add Adorage to a menu before, at least now I know the error is baked in.
Sadly it is another example of really sloppy incomplete implementation of plug-ins, from New Blue, ProDad, Smartsound.
I've not had any issues with Pixelan, but I rarely use it, and do not find it placed where it cannot be used.
Thank you for your response.
Barry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2023 17:38

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Jeff,
you certainly have seen and tried and worked-around everything regarding PowerDirector
over it's many iterations. I never tried to add Adorage to a menu before, at least now I know the error is baked in.
Sadly it is another example of really sloppy incomplete implementation of plug-ins, from New Blue, ProDad, Smartsound.
I've not had any issues with Pixelan, but I rarely use it, and do not find it placed where it cannot be used.
Thank you for your response.
Barry

I just tabulate a database with events as they occur for me so easy to reference and search, it's 100+ strong of line item issues. This issue for me was first observed in PD14. I think Adorage was first provided in PD13 by CL, so it's probably been that way since released I'd probably guess. Prior to your response, I tried PD19, which was last "supported" ProDAD package version and it does not work there either when applied in the menu system.

For fun, I just tried PD22/2024 perpetual version 2106 and it does not work there either when applied in the menu system.

Jeff