Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Restore the previous version (21)
Mhd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2023 10:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I demand that the responsible individuals for this program provide me with an urgent solution to revert to the previous version of the software (version 21). Version 24 is extremely bad.

I have lost the ability to perform video editing for very long YouTube episodes due to this update. I want to restore the following:

1. The ability to click a clip and have the playhead move.
2. The opacity lines in the timeline.
3. The audio controls in the audio mixer.
4. The 'apply all' option for clips.

I don't have time to wait for a fix. I want to restore the previous version, or else I will cancel my subscription.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2023 19:38

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I demand that the responsible individuals for this program provide me with an urgent solution to revert to the previous version of the software (version 21). Version 24 is extremely bad.

I have lost the ability to perform video editing for very long YouTube episodes due to this update. I want to restore the following:

1. The ability to click a clip and have the playhead move.
2. The opacity lines in the timeline.
3. The audio controls in the audio mixer.
4. The 'apply all' option for clips.

I don't have time to wait for a fix. I want to restore the previous version, or else I will cancel my subscription.

Hi,

I understand the frustration, but this is a user to user forum, with no direct access to CL product development, nor part of the formal CL Customer Service.

However, I can assure you that CL are aware of the issues you specify and, as you are aware, have issued hotfixes and information updates on some of these.

No-one on the forum can help directly, other than reporting on their experiences and workarounds etc.

As regards your demands, I can only recommend you address them directly to Customer Services, as the forum is not the correct pathway to get directly in touch with them.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I understand the frustration, but this is a user to user forum, with no direct access to CL product development, nor part of the formal CL Customer Service.

However, I can assure you that CL are aware of the issues you specify and, as you are aware, have issued hotfixes and information updates on some of these.

No-one on the forum can help directly, other than reporting on their experiences and workarounds etc.

As regards your demands, I can only recommend you address them directly to Customer Services, as the forum is not the correct pathway to get directly in touch with them.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

PDM, since this is just a user to user forum as you state, where can I find the official issued CL information updates provided and hotfixes you reference on the official non user to user CL platform? I've looked here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download and find nothing for my perpetual version. I've also checked CL official FAQ's here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support-center/faq/products?typeId=2&categoryId=151&prodId=4&prodVerId=1937&pageNo=1 and find nothing relevant concerning 2024 release.

Jeff
Balash [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2023 08:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Two other issues I found and it's really annoying:
  1. When trimming a video, the audio image doesn't follow the trimming action. The audio images in two videos synced by audio won't line up anymore after trimming (while the video is still in sync with the other video track. I contacted your CS about this but they sent me a link to a video that shows the old version....
  2. The Audio image itself is horrible, its impossible to sync manually, the old audio wave image was way more precise and accurate.

I also demand an immadiate fix to all issues discussed or an option to roll back the version

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE