Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 12 glitching with multiple video tracks
Stivat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2023 04:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a long continuous video in track 1 and interperse it with some text boxes (no audio) in track 2. I just stumbled on this technique - it's easier than cutting and pasting all in the one track. So when the movie plays the text box just takes over from the main video for the duration I've set, though audio still plays from (separated) audio track 1.
This works fine most of the time, but sometimes the movie stops briefly at the beginning of the text box then jumps ahead. I've tried various fixes - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
Is this a legitimate way to work, and why am I getting the glitches.
See timeline image below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ETGqHmik7u4CUjEvTHx45Acc7y7xKUS/view?usp=sharing
[Thumb - Screenshot - 30_09_2023 , 6_44_58 PM.png]
 Filename
Screenshot - 30_09_2023 , 6_44_58 PM.png
[Disk]
 Description
screen shot
 Filesize
161 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2023 04:47

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a long continuous video in track 1 and interperse it with some text boxes (no audio) in track 2. I just stumbled on this technique - it's easier than cutting and pasting all in the one track. So when the movie plays the text box just takes over from the main video for the duration I've set, though audio still plays from (separated) audio track 1.
This works fine most of the time, but sometimes the movie stops briefly at the beginning of the text box then jumps ahead. I've tried various fixes - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
Is this a legitimate way to work, and why am I getting the glitches.
See timeline image below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ETGqHmik7u4CUjEvTHx45Acc7y7xKUS/view?usp=sharing

Yes, that's what the multiple tracks are for.

That's very common of PD timeline playback, it's not real fluent. It's unclear if you really have PD12 as stated, a 10 year old product, but newer products really not much different concerning fluent timeline playback. There are a few crutches (shadow files, preview quality) to help playback, they typically don't remedy the situation though.

Typically, the "Produced" timeline product will playback smoothly at these interfaces.

Jeff
Stivat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2023 04:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much Jeff. I just tried producing a short section that had the playback glitch and the final result is fine - that has saved me a lot of agonising.
Yes, I am using PD12 for reasons I won't go into but involve my son and a PC running a pirated version of Windows 7!!! I realise it's a bit of a dinosaur.
Cheers
Steve