Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
play button (and others) don't work after new upgrade Audio Director
stevesteve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2023 11:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Play button (and other transport) don't work after new upgrade Sept 2023 Audio Director, unusable.
Before loading media files a warning comes up about broken or unsupported formats, but then they upload
and work in PowerDirector (after same warning messages) but not in AudioDirector. Is it linked to non-support
of 32-bit Windows in 2024 upgrade? Or maybe because my memory integration is switched off, but is was b4
the new upgrade and worked OK.

Any ideas?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2023 15:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No idea what's going on with your system. Everything looks normal on my end:

Maybe try uninstalling then reinstalling and see if that fixes the control issues.
stevesteve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No idea what's going on with your system. Everything looks normal on my end:

Maybe try uninstalling then reinstalling and see if that fixes the control issues.

Tried reinstalling several times, no effect. After a while it freezes completely. I think am 64 not 32 bit
which was mentioned by Cyberlink as not supported in 2024 new version.
stevesteve [Avatar]
[Post New]

Tried reinstalling several times, no effect. After a while it freezes completely. I think am 64 not 32 bit
which was mentioned by Cyberlink as not supported in 2024 new version.

Before loading media files a warning comes up about broken or unsupported formats, but then they upload
and work in PowerDirector (after same warning messages) but not in AudioDirector. Is it linked to non-support
of 32-bit Windows in 2024 upgrade? Or maybe because my memory integration is switched off, but is was b4
the new upgrade and worked OK.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have to use clips with an audio format that's supported by AD, since if you load an incompatible format there's nothing AD can play so of course the controls won't work.

It doesn't matter if the clips play in PD as that's a totally separate product. You can convert the clips to a compatible format using a free 3rd party app and then AD should work normally.

You didn't mention if you were able to edit those same clips prior to the AD 2024 upgrade, but if that's the case you should submit a support request to CL tech support to see if they can get the issue resolved.