Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Limit on AI Image Generator?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
There's a countdown on the number of AI Images you can generate. Does that mean it's a feature you have to purchase separately?

I have a subscription to the online AI image generate. What's the story? Jerry Schwartz
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like a good question for customer service. Please post back when you get a response!
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There's a countdown on the number of AI Images you can generate. Does that mean it's a feature you have to purchase separately?

I have a subscription to the online AI image generate. What's the story?

Hello Jerry,

The information I got from CyberLink is that it is a beta version feature that requires significant computing power and resources on the server, so it limited to 5 times a day for now. All users will be affected by this limitation.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2023 21:53

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]

Hello Jerry,

The information I got from CyberLink is that it is a beta version feature that requires significant computing power and resources on the server, so it limited to 5 times a day for now. All users will be affected by this limitation.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator

I didn't realize the processing was done remotely.

I'll use the web-based service if I need more than five a day. Jerry Schwartz
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I didn't realize the processing was done remotely. I'll use the web-based service if I need more than five a day.

So can you use the AI Image Generator after initial module download with no internet connection? At least up to your 5 times. That would give credence to remote processing. Some other AI modules download code and run locally, like AI Sky Replacement.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So can you use the AI Image Generator after initial module download with no internet connection? At least up to your 5 times. That would give credence to remote processing. Some other AI modules download code and run locally, like AI Sky Replacement.

Jeff

I believe that the OP’s assumption is a mistake. There aren’t any home pc with the ai generation software that is powerful enough to create the commercial ai image for the masses for free. Also have had to have a data connection for it to work as it is being processed on another computer. All the commercial ai apps that I use have the ai generated images done on a remote computer.

This is the reason to have a paid subscription for the commercial ai generation although they do give you a limited number of free ones to try.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I believe that the OP’s assumption is a mistake. There aren’t any home pc with the ai generation software that is powerful enough to create the commercial ai image for the masses for free. Also have had to have a data connection for it to work as it is being processed on another computer. All the commercial ai apps that I use have the ai generated images done on a remote computer.

This is the reason to have a paid subscription for the commercial ai generation although they do give you a limited number of free ones to try.

Maybe, I’ve played around with Stable Diffusion some just for learning which is 100% locally as shown in attached pic. It does require CUDA compute 3.7 or better GPU and currently rather RAM intensive for large images. Here it took 10 seconds to generate an image from "someone working on a computer" text. Basically, running python with localhost browser interface, no internet required as shown in browser and no network in task manager. But yes, I'm not sure what model of anything would use home pc to create commercial ai image for the masses, but home pc can be used for personal image use.

I don’t know what CL offers as I’m not a PhotoDirector user, hence my inquiry test with no internet. It makes very little sense to limit to 5 via the application yet allow unlimited online in my view. I’d think CL would have updated docs, but https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/photodirector/14/pc/enu/01_02_00_sr.html?q=System%2Brequirements gives no indication fulltime internet connection required.
Internet Connection •Required for initial software and file format activation. It is also required to access the subscription version, for online services, some software features, and to download program and AI component updates.

Jeff
[Thumb - SD_Image_Generator.png]
 Filename
SD_Image_Generator.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
857 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2023 20:40

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Stable Diffusion 3 runs off my edge browser. It is as intelligent in actor name recognition as my paid commercial apps. See only momentary spikes in cpu and gpu usage to make an image. Will need to investigate further when I disable the internet connections.

Thanks for posting this information. The OP and others can generate low res AI generated images for free without a watermark in addition to the 5 free daily ones from Cyberlink.