Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director stops and crashes while Producing Video
OKMINTY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 13:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have used Power Director for years. The new version 365 crashes while trying to produce a video. This happens when I choose a higher Quality MPEG4. such as the one in the attached screen shot. I have version 21.5.3125.1. I am running windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 9010 which has always ran Power Director just fine. No other apps are running when this happens. It will produce lesser quality videos, but sometimes crashes with them also.
[Thumb - Screenshot (212).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (212).png
[Disk]
 Description
Production screen
 Filesize
225 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have used Power Director for years. The new version 365 crashes while trying to produce a video. This happens when I choose a higher Quality MPEG4. such as the one in the attached screen shot. I have version 21.5.3125.1. I am running windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 9010 which has always ran Power Director just fine. No other apps are running when this happens. It will produce lesser quality videos, but sometimes crashes with them also.

You might post your dxdiag for the Optiplex so one can see what hardware you have. Type "dxdiag" in the windows search bar and save contents and attach text file.

Sounds like it might be occurring at random spots on the timeline and not consistently near some particular edit feature. You might try to disable both items in pref > Hardware Acceleration and see if that helps with your crash issue.

Jeff