Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Concurrent User Sessions are not supported.- PowerDirector 365
Lmmd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2022 17:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

This error appeared today.

Tried removing from Task Manager, Run as Admin, and uninstalled/reinstalled.

None worked.

Any ideas?
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I hate to ask, but have you tried restarting your computer?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

This error appeared today.

Tried removing from Task Manager, Run as Admin, and uninstalled/reinstalled.

None worked.

Any ideas?

It's not just PDR.exe that needs to be manually killed, often PDHanumanSvr.exe is still running. This old thread should help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83509.page#post_box_344769

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This error message occurs in all versions of PowerDirector. It usually happens after you close PD and try to open it later. Sometimes waiting a few minutes before re-opening PD365 does the trick. Rebooting the pc also works. Depending on the version of Windows, open the task manager to process/details/pdr.exe and right mouse click on it and select the end task. You should be able to open PD365 afterwards.

EDIT: sometimes more needs to be done as indicated by Jeff.
Lmmd [Avatar]
[Post New]

It's not just PDR.exe that needs to be manually killed, often PDHanumanSvr.exe is still running. This old thread should help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83509.page#post_box_344769

Jeff

---------------------------------

PDHanumanSvr.exe does not appear in Win 11 Task Manager.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The PDHanumanSvr.exe appears on top of PDR.exe in my Win 11 task manager. See the screenshot with it circled in red. It may be different in other version of Windows but it is there.
[Thumb - PDHanumanSvr.jpg]
 Filename
PDHanumanSvr.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Win 11 task manager.
 Filesize
163 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Lmmd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The PDHanumanSvr.exe appears on top of PDR.exe in my Win 11 task manager. See the screenshot with it circled in red. It may be different in other version of Windows but it is there.

There is no PDR.exe in Task Manager.

I solved the issue by using System Restore, going back to yesterday when it ws working,

I checked Task Manager again, and both PDHanumanSvr.exe and PDR.exe are not there, only Cyberlink Application Manager and Cyberlink RichVideo Module. The only "PD" entry is PDStyleAgent.