Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Soundtrack manipulation
Scouser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2020 14:20 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I want to cut a voice out of a section of soundtrack. I want to keep the background noise in if possible. I have a section of track without the voice, but when I copied and pasted it in to the deleted soundtrack with the voice in, a big gap was left. Is copy and paste the only option, or is there some magic I can use? Can I remove the voice on the original section of track using more magic?
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
If I understand correctly, you have a portion of the soundtrack without voice in it but that's not long enough to cover the portion of the video that does have the voice?

If that's the case, you could copy and paste the non-vocal portion until you have enough, in effect looping the portion without the voice over the original video. And also you can use a transition between the copies to smooth out the audio loop (the "Audio - For Music" transition).

There's a vocal remover feature in PowerDirector and a more adjustable one in AudioDirector, but it's meant for music and would likely not work for removing vocals and keeping background noise.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have Director Suiite (or would consider buying Audio Director), you can use AD's Vocal Removal/Boost in Music tool which should do exactly what you want
Scouser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If I understand correctly, you have a portion of the soundtrack without voice in it but that's not long enough to cover the portion of the video that does have the voice?

If that's the case, you could copy and paste the non-vocal portion until you have enough, in effect looping the portion without the voice over the original video. And also you can use a transition between the copies to smooth out the audio loop (the "Audio - For Music" transition).

There's a vocal remover feature in PowerDirector and a more adjustable one in AudioDirector, but it's meant for music and would likely not work for removing vocals and keeping background noise.

I've included a series of screen shots to show exactly what I did. No matter how I paste the sound clip into the gap, another unwanted gap appears. I noticed that I could paste with keyframe attributes, but I don't know what that means, so I didn't use it. Norman
[Thumb - Screenshot (12).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (12).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
527 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (13).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (13).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
685 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (17).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (17).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
736 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
To fill the gap you have several options.
One that I would try to lengthen the audio, holding the “Ctrl” key, click on the edge of the audio and drag until closing the gap, this makes the audio slow if it is little, the effect may not be noticed.
More technical option uses Smart fit to duration tool, see image
As for removing the voice if you have AudioDirector I would try it.
There is the Moises app that does this online in free mode.
=============
For only, Copy/Paste, part of the audio
Split at the beginning and end of the part you want to use, use the “S” key (Preferably with time to spare).
Holding down the “D” key, drag the chosen part to the track below.
Unlink audio, right click Link/Unlink Video and Audio
Drag the audio into the gap and select from the menu that opens, Trim to Fit.
[Thumb - smartfit.jpg]
 Filename
smartfit.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
200 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2023 10:30

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Scouser [Avatar]
[Post New]

I've included a series of screen shots to show exactly what I did. No matter how I paste the sound clip into the gap, another unwanted gap appears. I noticed that I could paste with keyframe attributes, but I don't know what that means, so I didn't use it. Norman

I've discovered audio director and its worked ok thanks to all.