Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Scroll
Peter J Milner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2021 09:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Good evening one and all,

As the title above suggests, I have an MX Master 3 S mouse. It has two scroll wheels on it, one, the conventional one on the top between the buttons currently scrolls the timeline left and right, and the other, the horizontal scroll wheel on the left, does nothing within PD but does everywhere else.

How do I easily set the horizontal scroll wheel on the the left of the mouse to scroll the timelime left and right and the up and down scroll wheel on top of the mouse to scroll the timeline up and down?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I see the mouse software allows you to assign hotkeys to that extra scroll wheel, but I don't know that PD has keyboard controls for scrolling the timeline view up/down, if that's what you're looking for. Setting it to Zoom In/Out would be easy -- just set the hotkeys to + / - for the extra scroll wheel in the Logitech mouse software.

I see the Up/Down arrow keys will scroll the timeline up/down, but only after you left click the scroll bar.

EDIT: ah, I found it -- scrolling the timeline vertically is done with Alt+Mouse Wheel, but it doesn't appear you can customize that behavior under Edit -> Keyboard Hotkeys -> Customize (or press Alt+H). So you might be able to change the behavior of the scroll wheel in the mouse software, but I'd presume that would affect everything else. I just have a regular $2 mouse so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2023 18:28

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are a couple other discussions if you search the forum for MX Master. Here's the most recent one.