Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I enlargen volume control parameters?
Anneruth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2018 14:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The tuorial video for that is for the mobile app!

I just upgraded to the audio director, hoping it would be easier here than what I so far know of cyberlinks volume control.
How do I do the simple volume changes in the desk top version ? All I can find there is the tiny space of fractions of milimeters to lower or raise volume. Far too fiddely for my clumsy fingers!

what am I missing?

I attached screen shot of what I mean, as the only way of volume control I can find.

I must be blind?
Or cyber link can really do no better than that fractions of milimeter nudging stuff?
[Thumb - fiddley volume control only.PNG]
 Filename
fiddley volume control only.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
the volume control bar I have
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several choices, and one that relates directly to your image would be to simply click on the frame separating the controls from the waveform and drag it up as far as it will go. That will give you a much taller volume control area as shown here:

You can also use the online help system (F1) and search for volume to see other options.

Finally, I'm not sure which tutorial you saw, but this is the official AD tutorials page for the Windows version. There are many others on YouTube
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The tuorial video for that is for the mobile app!

I just upgraded to the audio director, hoping it would be easier here than what I so far know of cyberlinks volume control.
How do I do the simple volume changes in the desk top version ? All I can find there is the tiny space of fractions of milimeters to lower or raise volume. Far too fiddely for my clumsy fingers!

what am I missing?

I attached screen shot of what I mean, as the only way of volume control I can find.

I must be blind?
Or cyber link can really do no better than that fractions of milimeter nudging stuff?

Unfortunately AD has no numerical input for like volume so it's not real practical in my view for many basic functions to nudge stuff as you say. This basic lack of simple detailed controls was mentioned yrs ago here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32360.page#post_box_175741 and never improved since AD3, now release AD13 and 10 yrs latter!

Not sure if you have just audio or working with a video file. PD for volume control offers at least better control as you can adjust by typing in a number (not real db and also tweaks your typed number to nearest integer %) vs these mm nudges. Numerical control handy if you are looking for easy consistency vs mouse dragging various sections.

Jeff
Anneruth [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There are several choices, and one that relates directly to your image would be to simply click on the frame separating the controls from the waveform and drag it up as far as it will go. That will give you a much taller volume control area as shown here:

You can also use the online help system (F1) and search for volume to see other options.

Finally, I'm not sure which tutorial you saw, but this is the official AD tutorials page for the Windows version. There are many others on YouTube

thank you.!
I wished I could enlarge that part of the window as large as you do show here! What I shared as clip that is the max it will let me ....
why would that be?
If I could get it as large as you show it here my problem would be solved, esp that the main area of my wanting to change volume is in the - (minus) section, to get the volume lower by very fine degrees.

The mobile app showing video I had seen was offered when putting search for audio adjust on AD learning centre page....
https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-app/3143/control-audio-volume-with-keyframes-audio-mixing-tools
That app seems to make it super easy...
wished I had it here for my laptop!
Anneruth [Avatar]
[Post New]

Unfortunately AD has no numerical input for like volume so it's not real practical in my view for many basic functions to nudge stuff as you say. This basic lack of simple detailed controls was mentioned yrs ago here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32360.page#post_box_175741 and never improved since AD3, now release AD13 and 10 yrs latter!

Not sure if you have just audio or working with a video file. PD for volume control offers at least better control as you can adjust by typing in a number (not real db and also tweaks your typed number to nearest integer %) vs these mm nudges. Numerical control handy if you are looking for easy consistency vs mouse dragging various sections.

Jeff

Thank you!

That is a real flaw then with CyberLink! How can one get them to fix it?

Yes, I have PD and when I adjust audio tracks there it has better functions in the mixing room.

Still I wished also there was a more intelligent way to quickly change the volume, esp when lowering it, in the audio track panel directly. I all takes extra time to open, test and apply in extra rooms.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you!

That is a real flaw then with CyberLink! How can one get them to fix it?

Yes, I have PD and when I adjust audio tracks there it has better functions in the mixing room.

Still I wished also there was a more intelligent way to quickly change the volume, esp when lowering it, in the audio track panel directly. I all takes extra time to open, test and apply in extra rooms.

You can submit a request at File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions....

I guess I don't understand your quickly change comment. You can simply type a number in the Audio room and keep it open during adjustments to change audio at keypoints, use the horizontal slider to change total track volume, or drag the volume line in the timeline of PD or AD to adjust clip volume or define keypoint and drag to change volume at designated keypoint. These are a few of the many ways to change volume.

You'd probably have to outline your issue a little clearer.

Jeff
Anneruth [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi guys

I found a control function that allows numerical decibel changes in an easier way!

The vocal removal/boost music under adjust audio.
See screen shots attached.

What a weird way to label what is simple volume control!

Also, esp if I change long track passages or whole track, it takes ages to apply. frown

So, what is the procedure to urge cyber link to patch that gap and get a more intelligent volume control into the software?

After all, aren't fine volume changes in multiple tracks of essence when creating a mix ?!
[Thumb - vocal music removal or boost.PNG]
 Filename
vocal music removal or boost.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - vocal music removal.PNG]
 Filename
vocal music removal.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2023 22:09

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote hi guys

I found a control function that allows numerical decibel changes in an easier way!

The vocal removal/boost music under adjust audio.
See screen shots attached.

What a weird way to label what is simple volume control!

Also, esp if I change long track passages or whole track, it takes ages to apply. frown

So, what is the procedure to urge cyber link to patch that gap and get a more intelligent volume control into the software?

After all, aren't fine volume changes in multiple tracks of essence when creating a mix ?!

Maybe what you want is Apply Effect > Dynamic Range Control and then simply adjust the Output Gain at the top from -30 - +30db.

Jeff