Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 4 is suddendly not recording system audio anymore
Roy Eggboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2023 16:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I've been using Screen Recorder for years.
But suddendly, since yesterday, all the videos I've recorded since then lack audio.
I did not change any settings. Further, any videos recorded the day before yesterday still have audio.
For further information: I had to uninstall and reinstall my audio drive 2 days before the problems began. But the videos recorded on that day and the day after that all have audio.
I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling SR4, but the problem persists.
Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 02. 2023 02:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It could be an audio driver issue, or possibly a change in the default audio device for Windows. Assuming you can hear the normal sounds, double check SR4's audio control panel (click on the gear icon at the top right) and make sure you're set to record the proper devices and system audio

Note that I don't have any mics or external audio devices on my desktop system so those settings aren't used. Make sure that System audio: is set to On and maybe move the Mix: slider further right

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2023 21:11

Roy Eggboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2023 16:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It could be an audio driver issue, or possibly a change in the default audio device for Windows. Assuming you can hear the normal sounds, double check SR4's audio control panel (click on the gear icon at the top right) and make sure you're set to record the proper devices and system audio

Note that I don't have any mics or external audio devices on my desktop system so those settings aren't used. Make sure that System audio: is set to On and maybe move the Mix: slider further right

Hello.
I actually had to uninstalled and reinstalled my audio driver two days before the issues began. But strangely, every video recorded on the day I reinstalled it as well as the day before the issues began have sound.
Further, I've turned System Audio in SR4 off and on and tried to move the mix to the farthest right. But it didn't help.
I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling SR4 but that didn't help, either.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to contact CL tech support here.

Can you also please follow the steps in the 2 lower posts of the Read Me Before Posting guide and provide the requested details? You will need to include them in your tech support message as well.