Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yet another "Can I Install on PC and Laptop" question
Rabold [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2023 14:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've read a few questions related to this but I'm still unsure of what the actual experience is supposed to be for installing on multiple devices. I have a desktop where I do most of my editing via PowerDirector/Screen Recorder/PhotoDirector, and a laptop where I do most of my audio work. I am using Director Suite 365. The only program that I really need on my laptop is AudioDirector (which is the only one that I have installed on the laptop), but launching it seems to kick me off of my PC install (when I launch PowerDirector on my PC I have to login again). Even from the very first launch of AudioDirector on the 2nd device (my laptop) I got a warning that I had exceed the machine install limit or something to that effect. I was able to run it there fine after logging in, but then when launching PowerDirector on my PC I got the same warning/login prompt. At this point I've stopped using AudioDirector on the laptop and have switched to Audacity, because I'm worried that these warnings are eventually going to lock me out of launching any of this software.

Couple of questions?
1) Am I doing somethig wrong here? I have tons of other software that let me bounce between my desktop and laptop without warning messages and the need to login to said software every, single time.

2) If I'm not doing something wrong, is this the intended experience?

3) Am I eventually going to get locked out of being able to access anything in Director Suite 365 if I continue to jump between my two machines?

Not gonna lie, this weird experience has been the catalyst to me looking for other software in this space, because it shouldn't be this much of a hassle or as confusing to simply use software like this on two devices that I own.
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Based on previous responses to this question on the forum -- this does appear to be the expected behavior, you're not doing anything wrong, and there isn't a limit on the number of times you can do this. I'm just a user here on the forum, and a new one at that, so you may want to confirm with Cyberlink support.

I don't see an official response to this question on the Cyberlink site in the FAQs. I found a link to one in a Google search, but the link just takes me to the Cyberlink support page so it may have been moved or deleted.

I haven't tested it, but you might avoid the warning if you sign out via the Application Manager (click on your account name then sign out) on the one machine before signing in on the other each time you switch. Being signed in on two machines at the same time isn't allowed.