Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version of 28 June 2023 does not load Video files
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed the latest version of AD. It does load mp3 and other audio files, but it does not load any video files, including the video sample files of PowerDirector. The previous version 13.4.2903.0 works fine.
Invoking AD from PD also does not work, the message is that the format is wrong or not supported...

I am curious whether I am the only with these problems?

addition: if I install the software outside the Application Manager, it works as expected.

Any suggestions anyone?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2023 06:43

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting that there were new updates!

I don't see any issues when using the new 13.6.3019 version of AD, and I can invoke it normally both with the previous 21.5.3015 version of PD365 and with the new one (21.5.3027). I used the older Skateboard.mp4 clip from the PD17 days.

I'm also curious to know how you installed AD365 without using the CAM.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I re-installed WIndows because I did not trus the setup at all. The installation of the Cyberlink Applications went as before.

Áfter reinstallation fo Windows and after installing the 13.6.3019.0 update, I also have no problems importing videos or invoking ADR from PDR. It must have been me.

There are still some strange things happening, like the strange swap of thumbnails I reported on elsewhere,
CL thinks it is a glich, I dont think so... but I need to dig into that a bit more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2023 16:02

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Warry -

I'll just echo what optodata said.

After installing the 13.6.3019.0 update, I have no problems importing videos or invoking ADR from PDR.

I'm also curious about how you install updates without using CAM.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!