Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove the metronome sound from the audio track
AnitaP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2022 09:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Does anyone know whether Audiodirector can be used to remove the metronome sound from an audi track?

The track is meant to be "no click" but there is about 30-40 seconds where you hear the metronome (sound almost like a cow bell).

My son is going to be performing on the drums with this audio as the backing tracks so we want to get rid of the metronome sound.

Any help would be appreciated :
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You'll likely have to experiment a bit to find the tool that works best, and it would definitely help if you have a section of the audio clip where only the metronome is ticking.

Obviously you could mute that section for the final production, but since you want to remove that sound when other instruments are playing as well, see if the Restoration Assistant will work. Maybe start with Click Removal (after choosing Music). If that doesn't work as well as you hoped, try Hum Removal.

Depending on the exact sound of the metronome, Vocal Removal or Visual Repair may also work. Be sure to use the online help system (F1) and/or watch a few tutorials to help orient yourself
AnitaP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2022 09:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your suggestions. There is a section at the very beginning where you only hear the metronome - so I could isolate the sound if that helps ... my problem is I don't know how to use any of these tools properly. I did have a go at click removal and at visual repair but to no success. I watched a couple of the tutorials but none of them seemed to be about isolating and then removing a particular sound. Anyway, I will keep trying

thanks again
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In previous versions of AudioDirector, there was a tool that let you select a section of the clip that had only the unwanted noise and would subtract that from the rest of the audio on the clip. This was the tool used for that:

While the Noise Reduction tool is still present in the latest version of AD, it's been changed and no longer lets you sample the just a section with the unwanted noise.

If you wanted to share the clip maybe somebody here on the forum could find a setting or tool that did a good job of removing the metronome sound. Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to directly upload it here