Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjustable playback
AlexCarver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2023 05:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm running PowerDVD 15 and since I patched it I seem to have lost the ability to play files at any speed other than 1x. Now if I change the playback speed to say 2x it simply fast forwards through whatever I am watching, whereas before it would play the file at double speed with audio.

This is very annoying as I have a habit of playing things at double speed. Neither Potplayer nor VLC will detect blu-ray discs for some reason so I can't use them.

Is there a fix for this problem on PowerDVD 15? Would it be fixed by upgrading to the latest version of PowerDVD?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried and reinstalled powerdvd 15 without applying the patch? It might help you sort out if the issue is caused by the patch exactly or not.

powerdvd 15 patch had been released for many years and if the patch has such issue it would be found by other users already.