Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink PowerDirector 21/365. HEVC 4:2:2 support
Rufalo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2013 18:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I have a Canon R6 and I would like to edit footage with a HEVC 4:2:2 encoding. I already have a codec installed on my Windows 11 machine and can play the files there but PowerDirector does not accept and recognize that format. Are there some settings I need to change or if there is no support when will it be available?

regards,
Rufalo
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Could you please upload a sample file?
I'm thinking you might need to convert, maybe in a program like VirtualDub, or Selur's Hybrid, to a lossless HuffYUV or UtVideo, something that will keep the 4:2:2.
Also submit the file to CL Support.
Either way, there is no 4:2:2 output in PowerDirector, lossless or otherwise.
Ive been harping on this for years, but we just get more fun stickers, and pseudo FX. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a Canon R6 and I would like to edit footage with a HEVC 4:2:2 encoding. I already have a codec installed on my Windows 11 machine and can play the files there but PowerDirector does not accept and recognize that format. Are there some settings I need to change or if there is no support when will it be available?

No settings, PD21 only supports a very select set of 4:2:2 files and has no produce capability for those it can import so a conversion will always be required.

It's been a requested need for a long time, only option is to voice your desire at File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions

Jeff
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
On a similar note, I've been waiting forever for AV1 to be finalized. It has now been and a few things support both export and import in that format. PD365 doesn't. I expect for support to grow in popularity since it is royalty free. I hope PD supports it in the near future.