Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colour change before editing starts
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I import my video of a friend performing, and before doing any adjustments in PD21 I like to check things are ok.

So the video is on the timeline, and the colours in the preview window on the right are as in the darker image attached

However if I then click play, the colours start off much more faded as in second image

I can correct some of this in the enhance window, but cannot get anything like the original darker image.

Any ideas why the difference in colours from clicking it on the timeline to playing it
[Thumb - pic2faded.jpg]
 Filename
pic2faded.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - pic1orig.jpg]
 Filename
pic1orig.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
176 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2023 13:56

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I import my video of a friend performing, and before doing any adjustments in PD21 I like to check things are ok.

So the video is on the timeline, and the colours in the preview window on the right are as in the darker image attached

However if I then click play, the colours start off much more faded as in second image

I can correct some of this in the enhance window, but cannot get anything like the original darker image.

Any ideas why the difference in colours from clicking it on the timeline to playing it

One such possibility is you've made color adjustment to your GPU. In PD21, try changing the pref > Display to RGB and see if it has an effect. It appears you might have it set at YUV for these changes to be reflected in the timeline.

Another possibility is PD21 does not support the video file, if so, try a converter to encode it to just basic H.264.

Jeff
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]

One such possibility is you've made color adjustment to your GPU. In PD21, try changing the pref > Display to RGB and see if it has an effect. It appears you might have it set at YUV for these changes to be reflected in the timeline.

Another possibility is PD21 does not support the video file, if so, try a converter to encode it to just basic H.264.

Jeff

Many many thanks Jeff

I don't have a clue what YUV is, but and always use RGB and sure enough the setting was YUV

regards
Andrew