Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[POWERDVD 22] HDR dimmed the brightness on Windows 11
chatnever [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2023 09:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using latest PowerDVD 22 on latest Windows 11

Specs wise:

RTX 3070 Ti
Connect to 27 inch/75hz HDR-compatible monitor (not Vesa certified) using DP 1.4 cable/port

When never I turn on the HDR and play in full screen, it flashes the monitor and significantly dim the brightness, meanwhile I can play perfectly in windowed mode, with vibrant color and brightness.

It used to work fine before, with my GTX 1060.

Any idea to fix? Thanks.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
The HDR processing and its result are highly depending on how OS and the GPU driver engaged. A player software would simply do the video decoding or control the playback navigation.

The window mode and exclusive mode (full screen) are operated differently in Windows. You might alreay know that if you played lots of PC game.

Try different version of GPU driver to sort out if it previously or once worked fine. powerdvd 22 hasn't updated the version for a while. It might not be the culprit of the problem.