Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitle Formatting Add Ons - Power Director 16 Ultimate - Which do I need?
jamie kaszer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2023 09:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all and thank you for the assist,
I spent some time searching the forums and couldn't find the answer. Please redirect/answer if you can.

I'm looking for more options in my subtitle formats. I would like to have a solid rectangular bar behind my subtitles that is automatically sized for each individual word. (This is the popular trend right now on Instagram).

I do not want to add a static black box object for the subtitle area.

Are there any add-ons that add this or other subtitle functions?

I have already installed Power Director 16 Ultimate Packs: Essentials; Premium 1,2,3; Wedding; Holiday Pack 8

thanks,

jamie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2023 10:03

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The only thing I can think of is to update to a later version that includes the Shape Designer, which can easily do what you request.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all and thank you for the assist,
I spent some time searching the forums and couldn't find the answer. Please redirect/answer if you can.

I'm looking for more options in my subtitle formats. I would like to have a solid rectangular bar behind my subtitles that is automatically sized for each individual word. (This is the popular trend right now on Instagram).

I do not want to add a static black box object for the subtitle area.

Are there any add-ons that add this or other subtitle functions?

I have already installed Power Director 16 Ultimate Packs: Essentials; Premium 1,2,3; Wedding; Holiday Pack 8

thanks,

jamie

Subtitles have a unique meaning concerning video and very strict format options, from your description you're probably just talking "Titles" positioned near the bottom of your video.

No real add-ons that help this much in PD16, you simply need to resize colorboards or the like behind your text. It sounds like what you want is the text feature "Backdrop" which was added in PD18. You can have a black box or any color backdrop you wish behind your text that auto sizes with text.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_TitleBackdrop.png]
 Filename
PD18_TitleBackdrop.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
304 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)