Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New PC
skeblon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2018 01:31 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I record concerts, I usually have 4-5 cameras in 4K and use powerdirector for editing. The existing Intel Core i7-8700 PC is at the limit of usability. I would like to buy a new PC for this work. What configuration of PC would you recommend for me at a price under $1500?
skeblon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2018 01:31 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
And I'll add: I always use ColorDirector to fine tune the colors from different cameras. I'm not sure if ColorDirector uses a GPU and if not, the question is whether I even need a GPU. Wouldn't a GPU integrated in the CPU be enough?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote And I'll add: I always use ColorDirector to fine tune the colors from different cameras. I'm not sure if ColorDirector uses a GPU and if not, the question is whether I even need a GPU. Wouldn't a GPU integrated in the CPU be enough?

Currently Color correction is a CPU task, GPU won't help much during production as task is CPU dominated. Your best bet would be to find the highest ranking CPU from https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html in probably the $500-$700 dollar range to save cap for the rest of system to come in under your $1500. Do a Google search for systems with that identified CPU. You can compare CPU rating to your i7-8700.

Jeff