Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transfer movie library to a new computer
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PowerDVD 22 on PC 1 but it is too slow for most of my movies so I want to move my software and movie library to a new computer PC 2. What do I need to do to transfer the system?

Craig
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
As far as what I know, there is no such options in powerdvd to let you carry the configuration or library to other platforms, and the movie library import depends on the local stored paths of your video files. It won't work if you just carry the folder or library settings or data to other PC as the local stored path of your files might not be exactly the same on another PC.

It might be the time to rebuild your library from scratch and perhaps this setup can also help resolve any of unknown glitch that might exist in your previous library data, which caused browsing issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2023 20:41

CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
My library is on a NAS server and so the file paths should still be the same. But I have to agree with you, there does not seem to be a way to do this. The bad thing though is it took nearly 6 hours to load the library and was hoping there was a much faster way to do it.