Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Total time length of multi-project
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Where can you get information about the total length in minutes of your multi-project before you burn it?... You can use a calculator to sum all projects times.. but its real?. You can only know the total length, after burn it and see what powerDVD or any other programs tells you what is the length of your DVD or Blu-Ray disk is.

The only information that PD8 gives you , is the total MB of your multi-project. Nothing about time. Maybe it will be a nice tip to cyberlink programmers to add in next generations of PD.
Cedric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2010 15:10 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
if you go to the create disk tab. Down at the bottom where you see the estimated size, there is a icon to the left that looks like horizontal arrows. Click on the icon and it will covert the file size information to time information.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry -

To me, it's just a little bit silly if someone can't ask a question, born only of inexperience with PD, without having a one-star rating slapped on it.

What on earth is a forum for?
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Usually the questions are born of necessity or when needed. I never had the need to press that button. This indicates that the experience gained over time. Thanks Cedric.

Post Data: Here I have seen many soldiers-turned-general in just one day. Do not know how or who is the Congress (moderator) that gives the ranks.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
The stars are a rating given to a specific response, however valuable they are is up to each individual I suppose. I am sure that occasional mistakes are made when giving a One star rating to a question when another might have been intended in the first place. To my knowledge they cannot be undone.

I often would like to give some of my answers a One Star rating, although you can't rate your own answers. Maybe I can call upon other members to help me out with handing out a rating to some of my answers.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
And what about the Senior Contributor, Memeber, Newbie, etc.... rank?
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I nice example of a Senior Member General: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11576.page
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicolas,

As far as the Titles listed below our names...in the past they were generated based on the number of posts you made, nothing more was involved as far as I know. Once the counter clicked to the magic number your title changed to the next level. A funny little story to share from the Director Zone forum, I don't think she would mind me making a reference to her as I admire her spirit very much....she is a sweetheart....but she has asked so many questions....she is now a GRAND MASTER...The counter clicked and GRAND MASTER she has now become. She will be the first to admit that she doesn't feel like a GRAND MASTER!! I think that she is GRAND in her warm and friendly spirit that is refreshing to all of us.

There have been some major changes made recently to this particular forum engine...so I am sure things are still a bit out of whack until the changes are made...I went to the post you had a link to and I see what you mean. Sorry I don't have an explanation for why that occurred.

It will all be corrected I'm sure... the worse part is that the "Search Engine" is gone and we can't reference older posts to search for an answer that was given previously. Some answers require about 15 steps with variations depending on file type..PC configuration....etc. etc....so it saves so much time to not have to rewrite an answer that was eloquently written by someone else. And when you try to look at the hundreds of posts written by other members they are currently GONE and have vanished. That is a TON of work that is missing and can't be referenced by others, not to mention the hours and hours of time it took to create those posts by each individual...hopefully this will be fixed soon and everything will surface again..

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 02. 2010 13:49

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.