Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SmartSound not working in MENU
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]

Background music in the menu area (Create Disk) using SmartSound(Magic Music) doesn’t create the .WAV file template in the PDRMUSIC.TMP directory, so no music is generated. Does any body else have the same problem?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicholas,

Could you tell me the specific STYLE, SONG and VARIATION of music within Smart Sound that you tried to select for your background song?

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
2 different computers, 2 different OS. Never got it to work in the menu properly.
A workaround is to place your desired track into the timeline (new project), produce it.
Rip the sound from that new produced file.
Use that in your menu.
Sounds like it takes a while, but only takes a moment.
Not Smartsound, not Cyberlink, ever figured this out for me.
Do yourself a favor, do not pursue it. This is a very easy workaround (but not as easy as actually using the SS in the menu as intended). HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Any STYLE, SONG and VARIATION. All do the same.

If you add an existing audio file to the background music, it works great. But when you click on MaGIC MUSIC, it show you the "Select Menu Background Music from Magic Music" window, (1) you can select any style, (2) select any song, (3) Select a variation, you can hear it pushing the play button, you press Apply or Apply to all pages, it show you that you have select the background music on the display (example... users\xxx\videos\xxxx\PDRMUSIC.TMP\Blues_Blues To Go_Blues To Go.wav), but no fisical .wav file is created in the PDRMUSIC.TMP folder of your project.

The Magic music works perfect using the button on the the time line of the EDIT window.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
YEP, that's what happens. I also have a DV7t, formatted it 11 times to get rid of this issue.
FUGGEDABOUTIT.
However, if you cure this, let me know.
As for workarounds, see previous post. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I try upgrading from SmartSound v3.0.3.0 to v3.0.9.0 ( http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html?product=cyberlink ) without having any changes (SmartSound still not working in the PD8 MENU area).

I just post a report to SmartSound TS. Lets see what they have to say. Cyberlink TS havent response yet.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Do me a favor, enable folder view to see hidden folders.
Do you now have a folder on your desktop named "PDRMUSIC.TMP?
I wonder if it is in the wrong place. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Yes of course. Not only one. A new one is creater every time you change the Export folder of PD8 preference and use (or ty to use) the SmartSound in the menu area, but for me, they are all empty.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2010 11:47

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Something interesting that I noticed is that when you add a SmartSound in the time line, the .wav file generated is created in the same directory of the project. Unlike in the menus using SmartSound, in the editor area does not create a directory PDRMUSIC.TMP in particular.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I just get SmartSound technical support answer:

Hello Nicolas,

The Quicktracks plugin was designed to create audio files to be placed on
the timeline. However, if you create and save the .wav file and know where
it is located, you should be able to use it just like any other .wav file
and select it for your menu music. Once you create the audio file, it
should behave just like any other.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Frank

-----------------------------
Original message follows:
CyberLink vPD Version 8 ULTRA Serial: VDE091014-01

Error Code:

Has you know, there two areas in Cyberlink PowerDirector where you can use
SmartSound:

1) The editor area (Edit TAB)
2) The menu area (Create Disk TAB)

It works perfect in the time line of the Editor, but doesnt work for
inserting sound to the MENU área (doesnt create the corresponding .WAV file
in the PDRMUSIC.TMP project corresponding folder).

I PD is version 8 Ultra and I just download SmartSound V3.0.9.0 with any
changes.

SmartSound Tech Support
support@smartsound.com
http://www.smartsound.com/support
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I just receive Cyberlink Technical Support answer about this PD bug:

Dear Nicolas,
Thank you for writing back.
I regret to inform you that this is a known issue and it has been escalated to R&D team for analysis.
As soon as I get any information from them, I will get back to you.

By the way i have working around and one temporal solutions is to create the SmartSound in the timeline, with the menu specific lenght, produce a temporal video file and extract the audio to a .WAV file that you can use in the menu designer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03. 2010 22:50

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Nicolas,
it's nice to hear that Smartsound is aware and finally working on this.
I brought this up to them 3 years ago! The workaround is simple and fast, but I would rather have the menu function working properly. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)