Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MERGING Problems
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
When I have a multi-project open (assembling more than one project for disk creation), and try to open an existing simple project (file/Open a project), PD8 always merge the media library files, no matter that you hit the NO button in the "Would you like to merge your project's Media Library files with the current media files in the Library? yes or no" window. This doesn’t happen when you have a simple project opened and try to open another (The NO button works fine). Only happens in a opened multi-project.

Before I create a technical support bug report, I will like to know if anybody else has the same experience.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2010 08:13

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
To be honest, I never tried that procedure.
But I LOVE this laptop!
Only problem, it is so large, too large to easily carry around in my pick-up truck.
I am looking for a netbook, or small laptop that can sort of run PD, not to edit, but to create titles, etc, while on my breaktime, then I can use those at home.
Maybe the HP311 mini. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Must be a tinsy tiny pickup, maybe get a bigger one like this :-
[Thumb - barry's new pickup.jpg]
 Filename
barry's new pickup.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Jajaja Barry, .. very small truck. You must buy a super computer room, it will fit perfect in the truck just to create some titles

By the way.... I know this Merge Issue doestn affect PD8 performance, but may be help to post a technical support bug for next PD generations. Just try this:

- Open one of your existing project
- Go to Create Disk and insert another title importing another other project you may have. Save the multiproject as X.pds o what ever...
- Now click on FILES/OPEN PROJECT and select a simple project that you have, to edit.
- It will ask you if you whant to MERGE the library.
- Select NO

WHALAAAA.... it merge your x.pds library with the new one, no matter if you press NO, NO, NO.

Its a BUG?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2010 10:17

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I imagine filling that truck bed full of water, placing Adrian on his motorbike in his diving gear with underwater camera, and selling tickets to watch me dump him into the moat surrounding Chebeague Island.
Anyone got a camera?

Oh, and I'll try to do a test and get back to you. Busy weekend.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2010 12:36

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT