Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Program stops working randomly
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Program stops working randomly. Even when I open it alone and I start doing other tasks on the computer.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
HPPaviliondv7-Ram4Gb-HD500Gb-ATI-W7Pro-MediaSuiteUltra8/LenovoJ3000-Ram2Gb-HD1TB-ATI-PD7

Do you have PD8 or PD7?

I see in your "signature" you have PD7.

Dafydd
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I have both. PD8 in my Pavilion dv7 and PD7 in the lenovo desktop. The problem is with PD8 on the Pavilion.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Apparently I could solve my particular stability problem with PD8:

1) I turn off the Auto-Save
2) The antivirus (AVG). You don’t have to disabled, instead, exclude all PD8 directories from bean scanned by the resident shield of the antivirus:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \
C: \ Users \ ... \ Videos \
C: \ ProgramData \ CyberLink \
C: \ ProgramData \ SmartSound Software Inc \
C: \ Users \ ... \ Documents \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \
C: \ Users \ ... \ AppData \ Roaming \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \

PD8 stopped working normally as random-every 15-30 minutes. I have four hours with the program open without any problems. The idea was proposed by WON CHUNG in his first post (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11431.page).