Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Perpetual Patch Build 2220 Caution
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The new perpetual patch, build 2220 11/2/2022, attempts to auto install immediately after download. It used to give you like a 10 or 15 second window to just save the download and postpone immediate auto install. The new patch no longer does this which makes things rather inconvenient if you simply want to download to save and install latter.

Jeff
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The new perpetual patch, build 2220 11/2/2022, attempts to auto install immediately after download. It used to give you like a 10 or 15 second window to just save the download and postpone immediate auto install. The new patch no longer does this which makes things rather inconvenient if you simply want to download to save and install latter.

Jeff

I just downloaded the new patch to update my old version audiodirector that is not updated for months.
IMO, the new flow is less troublesome because the prompts are less. I even don't like the counting down of asking where to save the patch but I understood it is required for some users that want to have full control on every step.