Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Turning Zoom Video into Instagram/Facebook Reel
Food & Justice [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2022 12:20 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to convert a video of a Zoom discussion with two people in rectangles horizontal to one another into the 16:9 format used for Facebook/Instagram Reels. Youtube Shorts, and Tiktok. Is there a way in Powerdirector to stack the two rectangles on top of one another rather than having them side by side?

Thanks for your help!

Adam Weissman
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi:

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to convert a video of a Zoom discussion with two people in rectangles horizontal to one another into the 16:9 format used for Facebook/Instagram Reels. Youtube Shorts, and Tiktok. Is there a way in Powerdirector to stack the two rectangles on top of one another rather than having them side by side?

Thanks for your help!

Adam Weissman

Hello,

I think you mean a portrait 9:16 video. To do this, just create a new project with a 9:16 aspect ratio:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/21/win/enu/04_01_00_settingprojectaspectratio.html

Then add your Zoom discussion video to the timeline, twice. Place one on each track in the timeline (on top of each other), crop the videos, and then use the PiP Designer to adjust the sizes of the videos so that each person is stacked on top of each other like you require.

Make sure to also mute one of the videos, so there is no echo or anything in the audio.

I made a real rough version in the two attached photos with a photo, but will work with a video. You may also want to add a background image or color board to the timeline as a background like I did.

Let me know if you have any questions

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - twopersonzoom1.jpg]
 Filename
twopersonzoom1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
458 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)