Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
download error "403 = forbidden"
STEVE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2010 07:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When trying to install PD8 I get the "message 403 = forbidden"

Installation was interrupted and I tried to resume the install process with no success.

As far as I know all of the first file was downloaded, but I am not able to down load the second file. while trying to troubleshoot, the first file was deleted, and I still have no success completely starting the download process over.

Currently on Windows 7. this is the first program trying to install after doing the windows updates, with a new superfast pc, so the pc should be fine.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Steve,
You're downloading PowerDirector and then you get the message - correct?

Or.

You've downloaded PowerDirector and are attempting to install - is that really the case?

Please clarify which of the above.

The message you're getting appears to be a standard web message where the internet connection has been broken.
As far as I know all of the first file was downloaded, but I am not able to down load the second file. while trying to troubleshoot, the first file was deleted, and I still have no success completely starting the download process over.
Deleting a downloaded file you still needed - that was very clumsy of you.

Please contact online support or the contact details on your purchase confirmation email. You may have exceeded the number of attempts to download and the security set up now prevents you from downloading.

I can assist but I would want you to follow the procedure laid out above first. We're not CyberLink support.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

STEVE [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Steve,
You're downloading PowerDirector and then you get the message - correct?

Or.

You've downloaded PowerDirector and are attempting to install - is that really the case?

Please clarify which of the above.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

I downloaded the download program from cyberlink. the program installs and attempts to download the .5GB program. it starts the download, but does not download anything. that is when I see the error.

the 1 of 2 file was downloaded. the file was deleted because upon trying to resume the install,the downloading didn't work (maybe I wasn't patient enough but regardless, it didn't work. I saved it to dvd, but wanted to try starting over from the beginning since trying to resume the download didn't work. I am pretty sure I have all of the first file, but not 100% but like you said on attempts to help people with other issues, you need to have the second file installed first. so i haven't even tried to install it. It shouldn't work.

btw thanks for the quick response. you surprised me!
STEVE [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also tried putting the file back into the download folder, but that worked to no avail.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Steve,
You need to get a clean download first (of BOTH parts) - go through the route I've suggested. I think it'll be quicker to contact Digital River, they deliver the software and provide the secure purchase service for CyberLink.

Fall-back plan: I can get the download sorted (through CyberLink) but it will take a couple of days for me to do it and I'd need some specific details from you.

I also think you need to clean up your temporary folder as you may have now got some corrupt data in it from the previous installation attempts.

This is all guesswork on my part as I don't and cant see your data.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2010 08:48

STEVE [Avatar]
[Post New]
I already checked the hosts file, tried deleting the temp internet files as well. I'll follow up with them and let you know either way. Thanks
STEVE [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem was with the downloader program as suggested on Microsoft website. The solution was to download the file directly with links provided by cyberlink. problem solved!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well done Steve, thanks for the info.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
A DAVID [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2010 22:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem, getting the "403 = forbidden" error.

How is it that I can download directly from CyberLink as Steve suggested versus having to go through the original application that seems to be causing the problems?

Dave
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Contact customer service. If they can't resolve the problem, they should be able to give you a download link. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM